My BBQ Arsenal Addition

Richard...It is hard to tell from the photos, but I think you have the grates in upside down.

This is how they should look:

View attachment 94998
Thanx Bruce and it is now in the proper position. This is my first WeberQ,in fact,my first gas grill. I plan on cooking on my WeberQ for quick cooks and when not wanting to fire-up my other charcoal grills although you can’t beat that charcoal taste.

Attachments

• 7A569437-2B76-4468-AC85-BF740201EC90.jpeg
    7A569437-2B76-4468-AC85-BF740201EC90.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thanx to all for your great comments and suggestions for this newbie Gas Griller. I plan to fire-it-up this weekend in which I will turn-it on high octane for around twenty(20) minutes to burn-off any factory residue. Oh, before I fire-it-up for the first time I will check for leaks in the connection of the propane cylinder with some soap and water mixture. Do you guys/gals check for leaks each time you change the 1lb propane cylinder? I plan down-the-road to purchase a 5lb or 20lb propane cylinder.

Congrats, Richard. You are going to love that little grill.

Funny you should mention leaks. I had put a new 1lb. cylinder on last week and found it empty the other day so I replaced it again and fired it up. In just a bit I saw a small flame at the cylinder threads. Took the cylinder off and checked the rubber gasket, it looked fine. I took a dental pick and removed the rubber washer from the regulator and of course, screwed it up! Weber does not list replacement gaskets so not sure what I'm going to do. Looking closer at the gasket I think I may have been over tightening the cylinder. But then again, what do I know? Anyway, have fun with that new Q.

Congrats, Richard. You are going to love that little grill.

Funny you should mention leaks. I had put a new 1lb. cylinder on last week and found it empty the other day so I replaced it again and fired it up. In just a bit I saw a small flame at the cylinder threads. Took the cylinder off and checked the rubber gasket, it looked fine. I took a dental pick and removed the rubber washer from the regulator and of course, screwed it up! Weber does not list replacement gaskets so not sure what I'm going to do. Looking closer at the gasket I think I may have been over tightening the cylinder. But then again, what do I know? Anyway, have fun with that new Q.
Thanx Colin for the nice comments. Since This is my first “Gasser” I took the time to carefully read the Weber Q 1200 Instruction manual and there is a whole page on checking for gas leaks before the first time you fire-it-up.

Back