Moving and selling my WSM

Jerry N.

TVWBB Emerald Member
I'm moving and downsizing and cannot take all my grilling/smoking equipment. Therefore I've decided to sell my 18" WSM. It's an older unit but it is in good shape - garage stored. Only mod is a thermometer through the rivet on the top vent. With the WSM also goes my charcoal and wood. Various types of charcoal and various types of wood. I also have a basic 18" weber grill that I'd throw in.

I live in Michigan near Detroit Metro Airport. I need this to be gone by mid-day Friday (Thursday would be best). I have a meeting today from about 2-5pm, otherwise I'm available any time through Friday at noon.

Asking $200 for everything. I'm sure the charcoal, wood, chimney, oil drip pan, weber starter cubes, etc. are worth at least $50 so a pretty good deal on the WSM.

Call or text if interested. Very busy but will return a message so if I don't answer, please leave one.

Jerry

(3 one 3) 549-twenty-five, twenty-one

Sorry to see anyone leave the state Jerry but, I understand things do change.
I'm, a bit interested but, just had some unexpected expenses arise or I would be driving over right now!
(269) 349-0947
If you don't get any action but, I have my doubts that it will last until morning!

Last edited:
Actually not leaving the state. Just moving closer to my daughter and grand kids. Problem is that I'm making a significant life change in the amount of downsizing me and wife are undertaking. It's a lot of work but after 26 years in our current house we accumulated way to much "stuff" and it was either deal with it now or kick the responsibility down the road to our kids - which we did not want to do. We're happy with the decision, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't come with some stress and a few somewhat painful decisions.

No calls on the WSM today. Hoping for a call tomorrow.

Absolutely!
Like I say if we had not had some unexpected things come up, I'd be on the deal like smoke on a butt!
Good to be close to grandchildren, I am very lucky to have mine within fifteen minutes for any visiting!
I have five pounds of "stuff" in a four pound house too!
I hope all goes well for the move! Be safe.

Last edited:
Sold this morning. New guy to smoking - got himself a nice starter kit. I turned him to this site for all the information he'll need.

I really wish I could have helped you out Jerry!
Glad you got your price out of it, hope the buyer has an idea of the bargain he really got!

hope the buyer has an idea of the bargain he really got!

I think he does. He said he just missed another one and he didn't try to negotiate. However, I bought that smoker when 18" WSM's were about $150 so I did alright too. I hope he gets on this site and enjoys the WSM and cooking as much as I have.

Back