Mountain man breakfast

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Rainy wet day. I had planned to make this over the coals, but since we weren't camping I decided to stay dry.

You can add just about anything you want. Typically I cook everything in the DO, but used the pan to speed up things. Cooked all meat and veggies in the CI pan. Warmed the DO up in the oven. Got the tater tots going then added the rest. Made a simple gravy just because it's not heart attack in a pot without it!

This is a half batch so the following was used:

10" dutch oven

6 eggs
1 package bacon
1 log of jimmy dean sausage
1 bell pepper
1 small onion
1 small bag of tater tots
Grated cheese 1 store bought bag

Optional: 2-3 sliced jalapenos

Cook the bacon, reserve grease. Brown sausage. Sauté veggies in bacon grease. Add bacon grease into DO. Add frozen tater tots. Stir occasionally. Cook tots until they are warm and starting to brown. Add everything back into pot stir good. Add half cheese and mix. Make shallow well in middle pour beaten eggs into well. Top with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs set.

22346116159_99c5c2b998_c.jpg

Ready for the eggs

21911709723_065d2a82e5_c.jpg

Just out of the oven

22519403572_cf49782de6_c.jpg

Couldn't resist topping it all with gravy!

Now that's a breakfast!!! Looks amazing, this city boy is gonna have to go mountain man :)

Looks delicious Case. Thanks for the recipe. Glad you're getting some rain. We got about 12 drops the other day. We are a whopping .27 of an inch for the season. I was curious too how your Gravlax came out?

I'm going to make that cuz it sure looks good, but I'll run it by my cardiologist just to make sure it's okay....NOT!:rolleyes:

Looks delicious Case. Thanks for the recipe. Glad you're getting some rain. We got about 12 drops the other day. We are a whopping .27 of an inch for the season. I was curious too how your Gravlax came out?

Thanks Cliff.

Well the Gravalax turned out horrible. I don't know where Jamie came up with the salt amount but it's way off. I should've done the math prior to making it. His recipe comes in at 11.5% salt, my normal recipe for lox, gravalax is around 2%. Needless to say all you could taste was salt. I even soaked it for a day then smoked it to see if that would help. Still too salty. I was really excited about the horseradish wish I could have tasted it.

Thanks Cliff.

Well the Gravalax turned out horrible. I don't know where Jamie came up with the salt amount but it's way off. I should've done the math prior to making it. His recipe comes in at 11.5% salt, my normal recipe for lox, gravalax is around 2%. Needless to say all you could taste was salt. I even soaked it for a day then smoked it to see if that would help. Still too salty. I was really excited about the horseradish wish I could have tasted it.

Bummer Case. You'll nail it next time.

Case

Now thats a great looking breakfast mixup, pop some of that on a toasted english muffin and nirvana.

Mighty fine lookin' mountain man breakfast, Case!! I had to double up on my Lipitor to view this post, but it was worth it!!:D
22519403572_cf49782de6_c.jpg

Case, that is out of the ball park absolutely fantastic and you can pass a plate this way.:) Gravy was the finish, that put it over the top.

Back