Mother's Day Salmon

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
My wife requested halibut for her Mother's Day dinner. We both swore we had a beautiful hunk of the fish in one of the freezers. I'll be dog dipped if either one of us could find it so she settled for a nice little salmon fillet we had frozen a few months ago. Sided it up with baked light sweet potatoes and asparagus. Here's a few pictures.

Got the potatoes going first as they needed around an hour.

DSC_3308 (Large).JPG

Meanwhile I prepped the salmon with evoo, chopped garlic, fresh dill, lemon zest and salt and pepper.

DSC_3310 (Large).JPG

On the Performer.

DSC_3313 (Large).JPG
\
Got some asparagus sizzling away.

DSC_3319 (Large).JPG

Getting there.

DSC_3321 (Large).JPG

Pulled when meat flaked nicely.

DSC_3326 (Large).JPG

Plated it up.

DSC_3327 (Large).JPG

My wife was happy with her meal. So was I. Those few, simple ingredients in the dressing for the salmon produced a wonderful flavor. Hope you all had a good weekend. Thanks for looking.

Absolutely lovely looking plank of salmon, Cliff! I'm certain you were both pleased with that one, and you can have halibut for M-Day next year! :)

Nice work, sir!

R

Looks good. I have some of those planks in my garage, but I keep forgetting to try them.

I usually grill skin-on salmon on the gasser, but I need to try it on the kettle.

This spring it will happen.

Thanks everyone!

Absolutely lovely looking plank of salmon, Cliff!
Looks good. I have some of those planks in my garage,

Wasn't going to mention the plank. I love cooking with them, especially fish. I screwed up this time though. I picked up a dirt cheap cheapo plank at the market and got exactly what I paid for. Even after soaking for a few hours, it just couldn't handle the heat. I like to put the plank over some direct heat for a few minutes first to get a little char and smoke going and then put on the fish. Well, I got some char all right and the plank warped badly and broke when I stubbornly placed the fillet on it. Lesson learned..... invest in some good planks.

Back