Mothers Day Plans?

Rib Eyes, grilled asparagus or brussel sprouts, baked potato. I'm going to do the unthinkable and glaze my steak with some Stone Brewery bbq sauce I found. I tastes great and the first thing I thought of was beef so I'll give it a try.

Rib Eyes, grilled asparagus or brussel sprouts, baked potato. I'm going to do the unthinkable and glaze my steak with some Stone Brewery bbq sauce I found. I tastes great and the first thing I thought of was beef so I'll give it a try.
With a name like Stout you better use a glaze from a brewery......

12 hour shift at the hospital - same as the last 5 years...but this will be my LAST time I work Mother's Day! Retirement in December isn't coming fast enough....:D

Nah , we go out for Mother's Day....but we're going to one of my favorite steakhouses so it's all good.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend.
And be good to those moms , they put up with a lot!

3 Pork Butts, some home made Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce, a large pan of "Southern Style" baked beans, mac and cheese, and some home made Hawaiian Sweet bread. Fresh picked Stawberry pie for desert. Going to use some leftover pulled pork and Carolina Gold to make a big pot of BBQ Hash for Memorial Day blowout. That will go great with some of our melt in your mouth St. Louis style ribs. Have lots of planning to do for Memorial Day yet, been busy trying to get everything lined up for Momma's Day. I have 3 of them to pamper..........Wife, Maw-In-Law, and my Mom. Way too much estrogen for just one day..........we are planning on both a Sunday and a Monday "swarree"......or however you spell them fancy words.

Butts, homemade sauce, & potato salad...one for a neighbor who's moving and one who for a neighbor who broke his leg. Me? I'm eating at relatives. Honey baked ham & turkey, etc. Wish I could trade places.

For us Mexicans we do it on the 10th of May. My mom and grandma are coming over. I want to make some steaks for her.

I have been requested to make pulled pork and a slab of ribs to go alongside some ABT, baked beans, potato salad and i am gonna try a few armadillo eggs to see how I like them because i think they look so cool i cannot imagine they wouldn't be good.

Of course the day will start out with the breakfast of her choice which is french toast this year....something i am not that good at making actually but I will give it a try and if it doesn't work out well at least we tried :)

Went to visit my Mom today. She is not a big meat eater, so we just had a light brunch. MIL passed away a few years ago and it still is hard on my Wife. She requested pork chops for tomorrow, with baked potatoes, beans and COTC. I pulled out some nice thick ones from the deep freeze and have them marinating now. If they come out as good as they look, my son Brandon and I might add them to the current throw-down.:wsm:

Tim

Grilled NY Strip steaks, with a bourbon cream sauce.
Roasted fresh green beans with garlic and parmesan.
Baked potatoes.
Avocado/Fresh mozzarella/tomato salad.

First of all Happy Mothers day to all the great Moms out there!
Will be doing grilled pork chops with a shallot sauce, cheesy potatoes and glazed carrots for the wonderful wife and mother of our children today. Because of high winds will be doing on the gasser instead of the performer which is a bummer wanted to add a little smoke to it, oh well.

Back