after a few hours, the garlic was done
View attachment 45307
more hours later the pork was done
View attachment 45308
then devoured with cheddar and slaw
View attachment 45309
View attachment 45310
thanks for swingin' by! View attachment 45311
What time's supper? Man. that looks good!

Another fantastic and well documented cook Jim. I know that had to be very tasty.
How do you like the char logs as I have tried them or seen here.

Excellent! Butts were .99/lb here, and it's 70 degrees outside, so I put a 10 pound butt on at around 6:30 this morning. It just hit 185 degrees internal, so I have a while to go. I hope it's half as good as yours appears to be. 😁

Its a pulled pork kinda week end! I like slaw on my pulled pork sandwiches too.

Jim - what did you do with the garlic? Did you mix it in directly with the pork, or did you incorporate it into the slaw? Maybe just planning to use it for something else later on?

Thanks everyone! this smoke was actually done this past Wednesday... meant to add that when i posted...
What time's supper? Man. that looks good!
lots of leftovers... but it's frozen now.
Another fantastic and well documented cook Jim. I know that had to be very tasty.
How do you like the char logs as I have tried them or seen here.
LOVE the char-logs... i order from Ace Hardware then pick-up when they're in...
Excellent! Butts were .99/lb here, and it's 70 degrees outside, so I put a 10 pound butt on at around 6:30 this morning. It just hit 185 degrees internal, so I have a while to go. I hope it's half as good as yours appears to be. 😁
I'm certain yours will be BETTER, @Larry D.
Its a pulled pork kinda week end! I like slaw on my pulled pork sandwiches too.

Jim - what did you do with the garlic? Did you mix it in directly with the pork, or did you incorporate it into the slaw? Maybe just planning to use it for something else later on?
just sealed it up to use later on stuff... but i shoulda mixed some in with the pork... i did two more heads after the first two were done, not much room on the grate with the butt on.

Back