...more and more Ribs on July 4th

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
almost embarrassing, so many folks posting their 4th of Holiday cooks of ribs... and here i have another... (can you say boooorrrrriiiing?) ok, that's soo highschool and i've been out since the 70's. WhatEvER!!
(drills holes in my head hearing that!)
Got the Jeep piled high with bikes...
DSCN2581.jpg

...for a short trek (4 miles to park) to the parade then bike the remaining way (1 mile) while the WSM was cookin' up some spares.
After putting the spares on 1/2 hour before we left, the temp was exactly were i wanted it...
DSCN2586.jpg

Chris Allingham & George Stephen, Sr.,
I LOVE this machine!!
walk away with NO care and return 4 hours later KNOWING you're good and your ribs are BETTER!
Finished with a rub called BBQ 3000 by Penzey's Spices and Stubb's Chile & Lime Rub then sauced with Blues Hog Original Bar-B-Q Sauce.
DSCN2588.jpg

Last night, prepared these...
DSCN2579.jpg

yeah, only the 2nd or turdtime i made these (in fact, i'm eetin' one NOW) and i think i mighta screwed it up.. used everything in the recipe but only 8 oz of creme cheese, not 2 packages of eight oz's. ... BUTT...they were outstanding!
DSCN2580.jpg

better than last time i made them and the guests did actually like them.
only a few leftover...
DSCN2589.jpg

While others were makin' noise with their crackers and [love this line] WHAT HAVE YOU, I was startin' up the OTS smoker-kettle for a nice rack of BabyBacks...
DSCN2590.jpg
DSCN2591.jpg

These were rubbed the night before with (again) BBQ 3000 & (this time) Galena Street from Penzey's.... honestly, check out Penzey's line of rubs... Simply Outstanding, I know.. I use that word often, butt it's true, i ain't lying!
whatever, ok, here we go...
Then cubed some taters and a lil' red onions then Fire Wire®d them on ANOTHER grill (sad to say, no photos of two grills and a smoker on the job at once)...
DSCN2594.jpg

(I thought all this madness ended after I set down my fork....) Made this into a nice herb potato salad that worked well with the ribs...
The BBs were good, not as heavenly as the spares...
DSCN2598.jpg
DSCN2599.jpg

...butt very nice...

so, that's it.
Independence Day in Raymond, Wisconsin.
I shoulda took photos of the parade, that's how boring this cook was.
Needless to say, I love this Holiday most of all holidays this country observes.
patriot.gif

I hope everyone enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing Independence Day and found time to reflect on a little something special about our Great country.

Thank you all for viewing.
May God Bless America!
Good night.

Jim...if that's your idea of BORING..then I LOVE BORING!!
icon_biggrin.gif

AND

If those ribs were any closer to your camera....i'd be getting BBQ sauce all over my nose right now....great job
Hope you all had a great Independance day
icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Davo from Down under

Jim,
Sounds and looks like you had a perfect 4th!
Great looking cook!

Biking eh, now we know how you work up your appetite
icon_biggrin.gif

Jim,
Did you get a new camera?
Always great pics, but I can almost taste those luscious ribs!!

BTW, next time you make some ABTs, try mixing in some shredded WI cheese with the cream cheese.
For me it reduces the oozing, and adds more flavor.

Nice,Nice, Nice...Another great job Jim! Just finished ribs on Wed and now after seeing your pictures again you made me hungary for them again...Someone is going to sleep good tonight!
icon_biggrin.gif
Happy Fourth of July to you and your family and to the great folks here on this great site. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Thank You Everyone!
NEXT YEAR, YOU'RE ALL INVITED OVER!

and i'm as serious as a heart attack!
mark your calendars!

nonew camera Bob, same one. think the skies were clearer, better lighting
icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Clark:
Jim - What is your WSM sitting on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>a stainless steel "cover" i retrieved from the scrap bin at work. There's an inch lip that's welded.
Actually have two of them, both 28"x28". I'm glad to have them. No more grease rings on my driveway.

looks great jim. the jeep with the bikes looks like a great time also. i did my ribs in the kettle. took just a bit over 3 hours w/high heat. cooked just like i like 'em, soft but w/a bit of chew. no sauce thank you !

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Thank You Everyone!
NEXT YEAR, YOU'RE ALL INVITED OVER!

Dont be surprise´d if me and the family comes over for some awsome food.

Can bring a tent and set camp on ur well trimmed lawn,and the camp will stand its ground aslong as ur food keeps comming
icon_wink.gif

Back