Mojito Chicken

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
Good lord. It's been forever since I've posted here. Many many apologies. I finally have some time to unwind and do what I love most: Grill...and share the results with you guys. :)

This is a recipe from Weber's Chicken & Sides.

I marinated the breasts in a mixture of 1 tsp grated lime zest, 1/4c fresh lime juice, 1/4c EVO, 2T light rum, 2T finely chopped fresh mint leaves, and 1t kosher salt. I grilled them direct medium for about 10 minutes. I served it over fresh spinach, with sliced strawberries, slivered almonds, with a mango vinagrette. Absolutely delicious.

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Thanks Trevor. It makes for a nice and light spring/summer dish. I like salads with fruit, and a little crunch. The strawberries, almonds, and mango vinagrette really made this salad a winner. I also considered doing it with either fresh peaches, or pears...both of which I think would work well with the chicken. It'd probably go well with a variety of rices as well.

Alright Hayden! Lookin'Good!!!
LOVE spinach and everything you wrapped around it. Very nice... VERY NICE!
Thank you for sharing this!
Great Post!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
Another winner!

How long did you marinate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Jim. :)

About an hour and a half. Started with it in the fridge, then took it out about 20-30 minutes prior to cooking so the chicken could come up towards room temp a bit.

Yum! Perfectly cooked and looks incredibly delicious. Put me down as a "I'll have to try this" too. Great job!

This one just keeps on giving. Refrigerate the chicken after grilling, and you can keep making these til it's gone. I had one today but substituted peaches for the strawberries. Still delicious.

Hayden, I made this saturday night and it was Fantastic! I had snowpeas and rice for sides. Thank you for the recipe
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike F.:
Hayden, I made this saturday night and it was Fantastic! I had snowpeas and rice for sides. Thank you for the recipe
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad you enjoyed it mike. :) Did you have just the chicken with the snowpeas and rice...or the entire salad?

I should have made myself clearer..sorry. We just had the marinated chicken strait up with the sides. It's what I had on hand when I saw your recipe and decided to cook it! I love garlick don't get me wrong, but I often look for a chicken recipe that doesn't include it as do so many recipes. This fit the bill. The mint really brightend this dish. Loved it!

Back