MMmmm Tri-tip!

Marty Owens

TVWBB Fan
Cold smoked a tri-tip with oak that was seasoned with Tatonka Dust for an hour and a half.

-----

Then cooking indirect smoked the tri-tip and twice baked potato's with a chunk of hickory over the Vortex. (Our Golden Retriever Grissom likes hanging around the grill!)

-----

When the internal temp of the tri-tip reached 100º placed it over the Vortex for a quick sear bringing its temp up to 125º and then let it rest...

-----

The Vortex is a searing machine!

-----
Twice baked potatoes just don't get much better than this!

-----

What an excellent meal of fine dining!

Thanks for looking!

Wow that's a great looking cook, TT and tater look perfect! Same at our house, where there's food there's a Golden and now along with her our new half Golden half Husky sister.

That's a beauty of a tri-tip, Marty! It looks to me like you cold smoked with the 6" A-Maze-N tube, is that right? I ordered the 6" and it's delivered today. Have you found it to be large enough for most of your purposes? What kind of duration of smoke do you get from it?

That's a beauty of a tri-tip, Marty! It looks to me like you cold smoked with the 6" A-Maze-N tube, is that right? I ordered the 6" and it's delivered today. Have you found it to be large enough for most of your purposes? What kind of duration of smoke do you get from it?

We use the 6" tube a majority of the time and get 1 1/2 to 2 hours smoke from it. We use the 12" tube and maze smoker more in our large vertical sausage smoker.

Nice tritip & twice baked Marty! What size vortex is that? I'm really thinking about ordering one of those.

About as good looking a tri-tip as I've ever seen, Marty. Love the super seared crust right alongside the perfectly uniform pink color. Potatoes look crazy good too!

Back