Mini Meatloves with Stuffed Red Pepper Beans

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
We had a craving for meatloaf for dinner tonight. So got everything together and made the
meatloaf with some onion, peppers, mushrooms, and chipotle shredded cheese. It was seasoned
with Penzeys BBQ 3000 and garlic pepper. I have had this muffin pan for quite a while now just
gathering dust so decided that mini loaves would work tonight. I saw a recipe for baked beans
and red peppers in the Big Bob Gibson cookbook so we decided to have that with the meatloaf.
I used Bush’s Smokehouse Tradition beans and mixed in some cooked bacon. Using the red
peppers was basically all I used from this recipe, since I didn’t have all ingredients to do it the
Chris Lilly way.

Put onto the Performer, using RO lump and 1 chunk of hickory.

Just before taking the loaves off the grill I gave them a brushing of Guy Fieri’s Smokey and Sweet BBQ sauce.

Loaves and peppers are done.

I removed the loaves from the pan and put them on a rack to rest and to drain any excess fat.

Plated with corn on the cob.

This was actually one of the better meatloaf dinners I have cooked. The meatloaf had just the
right amount of seasoning and was moist and really delicious. The beans were fantastic too. I did
notice that the pepper picked up a lot more of the hickory smoke than I usually get when I am
doing ABT’s. It was delicious and not over smoked. The beans did pick up a lot of the pepper flavor.
I will be doing both of these again.

Thanks for looking!

Great looking meal Mike. How is that BBQ Guy Fieri's? Real sweet or savory. I have seen it in the stores but am stuck on Blues Hog and KC Masterpiece.

Oh Mike, you have nailed the meatloaf! And the pepper bowls of beans is off the charts! I have GOT to make me some of this! Beautifully done!

Last edited:
Oh Mike, you have nailed the meatloaf! And the peppers bowls of beans is off the charts! I have GOT to make me some of this! Beautifully done!

My words exactly. I'll be doing this one for sure..... hopefully at least half as good as yours. Thanks!

Great looking meal Mike. How is that BBQ Guy Fieri's? Real sweet or savory. I have seen it in the stores but am stuck on Blues Hog and KC Masterpiece.

Thanks Regina! Not real sweet or savory. Smokey sweet if that makes since. I believe if you mix some of the Blues Hog original with the KC you would be close. I really like both of the
Blues Hog and use them a lot on ribs.

Great Mike thanks for the info on the BBQ sauce, I will get some and try it,...and I am definitely going to try those meatloaves and peppers...that is a home run meal!

Very Cool Mike! I L♥VE it! I'd eet three or four of those little guys... butt i'm trying a new diet that'll actually help me lose some weight :p
Great Dinner buddy!

In the event there are any leftovers, I bet a mini meatloaf would make a terrific sandwich. Great stuff, Mike!

Back