Mid-week madness - more lamb and fixings

Gary London

TVWBB Super Fan
Not sure what happened but we usually avoid too much red meat during the week and treat ourselves at weekends.

I have been on leave this week. Wife has a herniated disc and in agony so I have been house-husband.
Got the condition properly diagnosed via an MRI today, injection booked for Saturday. Took her on a short walk and I couldn't resist popping into our local (expensive) butchers to find something for dinner.
Also made inquiries about full packers (£16.50 per kg) and chuck roasts (£14.50 per kg) . They have to be pre-ordered for a Wednesday delivery.

Anyway the patient wanted lamb chops so got 6 loin chops. Midweek luxury.

Bit repetitive I admit but good excuse to use up various veg in the fridge.

Lamb chops briefly bathed in rape seed oil, red wine vinegar, onion powder, S&P, paprika and dried mixed herbs.

Twice cooked spuds again cos we love them. Butter, cheddar, chives, spring onions, splash of Stubbs original, sprinkle of Parmesan.

More big grilled sweet bell peppers, random bit of sweetcorn and some orphaned baby chicory that I have never tried before.

Never thought we could eat it all. Two potato halves left which will be tomorrows lunch.

Spuds done in microwave and oven and second cook on the kettle.

Lamb was on indirect side to get it nicely warmed through then onto the direct side for a sear.

75DB6E89-6570-432F-88FD-3AEC6278142D_zpsxgmvldcr.jpg

2198C9F1-3863-4795-8F30-ECB1FF0C7305_zpsnvugognw.jpg

Flaming lump of Pear wood in this pic as the baby chicory is briefly grilled.

E026C276-8157-46E1-8E7E-19CE1E57BEBC_zps1md6lcvo.jpg

FAF42F21-8A51-4FAF-9932-C1BF75C72328_zpsn8b9w8z2.jpg

C649A9AE-8170-4B4D-898D-469D04E415EC_zpsesgxcjil.jpg

Great looking meal Gary. The lamb aren't safe in the UK around your Weber.

Lamb chops on the grill. Winner, winner lamb dinner!!
And with mint sauce.....hurrah!!

Last edited:
Always a great looking plate from you Gary. My last injection was on the 13th, I think I need lamb chops. :D. Is the chicory the same as endive ? Never grilled that.....

Frist things first. Wishing a speedy recovery for your wife. That is one fine looking meal Gary. Now I've got a hankering for lamb chops.

Back