Michigan Griller Here

Chad Ch

I'm Chad in Michigan! Been grilling on a Weber Q1200 for 12 years and just recently upgraded to a Weber Genesis II E-310. Recently moved from apartment to first home, family of 4 with occasional guests. Love using the grill and looking forward to doing more and different items & techniques with this new larger, more powerful grill!

Welcome and congrats on what I think is probably a great purchase. My Genesis is about 11 years old and though it replaced a not-so-old previous edition Genesis, I have never regretted the purchase.

Welcome Chad.

We hope you'll share pics of grills and food.

Did you keep your Q1200 for outings?

WELCOME CHAD!!!!!!!

Dan, don't you mean "We hope you'll share pics and recipes of grills and food"? ;)

Howdy Chad! I’m in Kalamazoo, cook until the frost bothers your toes, I do!
Then I go inside and thaw by the fire and figure out something else to grill!

Welcome Chad.

I got my kid an S-310 for their first house. Nice grill, got a good deal off of Craigslist.

Pros and cons imo are:
  1. Nice size.
  2. Like the open cart design over the closed doors (i.e. rust bucket).
  3. Like the tank hanging on the side over taking up space in the cart.
  4. Doesn't have the sear burner (so perhaps lacking in some searing oomph).
I also gave them the below griddle. I think having some kind of flat top capability really facilitates a lot of different cooks -- smash burgers, steak searing, veggies, shrimp, cheesesteaks, bacon etc.

Cheaper than the Weber 7599 at $119 and, imo, a better size/shape/fit. The griddle covers half the grill top. The other option I considered was a half set of Grill Grates for $90 (which is a whole other discussion).

Last edited:
Welcome to the group Chad.
Live summer's in Holly, Mi, winter in Winterhaven, Florida.
Check out the Great lakes bbq assn on Facebook, good organization also.

Back