Merry Christmas and Prime Rib

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
First I want to say Merry Christmas to the wonderful people on here! I hope you and your families have a great day together. Started out the holidays last week by going to Charleston, SC to see my son graduate his nuke A school and get promoted at the same time, then he got leave until early January until the next nuke school starts.

Santa, the wife and family were really good to me this year. I got the tombstone kit to go with my Kettle Pizza and peel, a Beast Injector and silicone BBQ gloves along with some other BBQ goodies, new Oakleys and so on. They really went over board this year and I am truly blessed to have such an amazing and loving family.

I bought a 7 lb boneless Prime Rib for today's dinner from the butcher. Picked it up Monday morning, rubbed it down liberally with Kosher salt and have been letting it sit uncovered in the fridge the last few days. It was just under 5.5 lb's after I trimmed the fat cap off. This is how it looked when I pulled it out rub add the rub to it for later today.

And after the rub was applied for later.

Will update later during the cook.

Congratulations on your son's promotion and we should especially thank all the men and women of service who protect our freedoms. And a Merry Christmas from Central VA

RJ: You can tell by my post count I am a big lurker. However, your son is worth posting about. Thank him for his service.

Mark

Thanks guys, I couldn't agree with each of you more. We are proud of him and all the others that have and are currently serving.

Prime Rib on the grill.

Last edited:
Congratulations to your son! Had a buddy that was in the Navy he was a nuke too. Fine looking rib roast. Doing one myself. Merry Christmas.

Congrats to your son.

Great looking rib roast, and great pics. The focus on that roast is incredible.

Congratulations to you and your son on his promotion and graduation, you obviously did a great job of raising him! Merry Christmas to you and your family and enjoy that fine looking roast!

Well things did not go as planned. A little too much family fun and a few too many beers resulted in an over cooked Prime Rib. Oh well. It was still incredibly tasty and juicy and the crust was amazing. Also, the picture quality went downhill, lol. For my first Prime Rib, I am not too upset. The quality family time was worth every degree it was over cooked. Merry Christmas!

The roast does not look overcooked! It looks great to me.

Congratulations on your son's achievements and please tell him that everyone at the Suro's is thankful for his service. And we are proud of him too!!

Merry Christmas!!

Congratulations to your son on his promotion, great job. That is one very nice piece of meat great cook. A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Great job! You are the man and did perfect, I'm speaking about the way you raised your son and his direction in life. Now let's talk about the prime rib, it looks perfect, I'm about ready to try my first prime rib and I can only hope it turns out as well as yours.

Congratulations for your son's graduation. He's a good lookin kid and I'm proud for you.

I am doing a boneless rib roast tomorrow and am hoping it turns out as well as yours looks!

Thanks for all the compliments, for my son and the meat. It was still very juicy and tasty, I just wished I had pulled it a little sooner so it was more pink through out.

Great job! You are the man and did perfect, I'm speaking about the way you raised your son and his direction in life. Now let's talk about the prime rib, it looks perfect, I'm about ready to try my first prime rib and I can only hope it turns out as well as yours.

The same thing he said! Great job all around with the Family and the cook

Back