Meatball madness

Stuart S

TVWBB Pro
Folks, it's been a while since I've posted on TVWBB. I bought a gasser in the fall and I have to admit, grudgingly, that I didn't use my charcoal grill all winter :(

The weather was brutal in my neck of the woods this winter, but spring finally started blooming a few weeks ago and I knew I had to get something on my Performer. My wife was out of town for work so it was just my son and I. We had some chicken meatballs that we got a Costco so I fired up the Performer with some apple wood for smoke and got them on for a quick smoke bath.

Dug her out and cleaned her up :)
2015-04-16%2018.00.14.jpg

Got the meatballs on to grab some smoke.
2015-04-16%2018.08.14.jpg

Meanwhile I went in and cooked up some Gnocchi and made a sage brown butter sauce, then tossed everything together.
2015-04-16%2018.38.11.jpg

Dished out a bowl of rich goodness with some chives for garnish.
2015-04-16%2018.40.43.jpg

This was a pretty quick cook, most of the ingredients were from Coscto and the meatballs were pre-cooked so everything was done in 20 minutes(ish).

Even if your lazy *** dident cook it from scratch Stuart!...I would love to have a taste! Welcome back bro! Presentation 10/10

I'm not usually a fan of prepared foods, but I have to say that looks delicious. We don't have Costco, but Sams carries similar meatballs. Have not seen Gnocchi there, but I will be looking now.

Or I may finally try the 10 minute ricotta-gnocchi that I read about at Serious Eats.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/03/technique-fresh-ricotta-gnocchi-fast.html

I usually make everything from scratch, but the nutritional info on these wasn't bad at all, and it was easy to cook...so great for a mid week meal.

Back