Meat Loaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd R.

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok, I am sure others have tried this, but the Meat Loaf recipie found on the cooking page "other meats" was a huge hit with my family. Not a big Meat Loaf family, but seconds were had all around!

I've done the meat loaf three times this summer and it has always been a big hit. I'm doing the next one with ground moose. I expect it will be even better. Plus, moose loaf sounds cool. Don't tell Bullwinkle.

Griff

I tried Meatloaf for the first time last month....I never thought it could taste so good....I'll be smoking more soon!

Hey Griff...How does Moose taste? (Don't say "Like Chicken"..LOL)

I love smoked meatloaf. My bubble was burst when my sister in law said it was too smokie for her taste. I thought it was perfect. My point is that ground meat sucks the smoke in like a sponge (which to me is awesome) so if your friends and family like it mild, go easy on the wood.
DP

I finally got around to trying this smoked meatloaf thing this weekend. I was pleasantly suprised! It was very good.

I like the version with bell pepper and onion chunks. I used worchestershire sauce and a little Head Country dry rub. Glazed with Head Country sauce at the end of the cook.

Whew! Mashed taters and english peas to go with it. Very good change of pace from my normal weekend smokes!

Off the meatloaf subject, but last weekend I smoked a brisket and used some of it to make "**** on a shingle." The best I ever tasted! If you haven't tried it, you should!

Jim

Jim, I'm offended you used the word "shingle"!!
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
Jim, I'm offended you used the word "shingle"!!
icon_smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOPS! Sorry!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Jim

Anthony G

I could say moose tastes a lot like caribou but that's probably very helpful. Actually it has a mild flavor. Much less gamey than whitetail deer. It's actually a lot like a very lean beef. Makes a great smoked loaf but you need to use a little more sausage since the moose is so lean.

Griff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back