Marinated Chicken Breasts - Two Ways

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
i havent posted in a long time. knee surgery and then the dam flu. dang. im back. yalls meats looked incredible over my break. wolgast - dude you got it going on. tony, rog, bill, jim, all yall. yall helped me get my appetite back after being in bed sick.

broke from my custom and marinated some boneless skinless chicken breasts, in two different marinades. im not big on marinades but I do enjoy stubbs products (rubs and spice mixes) so decided to give his marinade a try, along with a weber 'just add juice'.

i guess i just expect more intense flavor from marinating meats, especially overnight. they didn't turn out bad at all, but i was disappointed. the stubbs, just being honest here amongst men, turned out somewhat rubbery and pretty bland. the weber was a little better but still nothing that grabbed me. i might use the weber packet as a seasoning next, instead of a marinade...

am i missing something with marinades yall?

[URLurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/109526198@N06/12440731195/]
12440731195_bb3c07ffc0_z.jpg
[/url]

my new SOG pocket knife, thang is SHARP

love the kettles. all my meats turn out so juicy and tender.

thanks for stopping by. any comments/advice are welcome.

don't lift the lid....

Looks great but for it being rubbery it may have been to long in the marinade. Overnight is along time and if it has acidity in it then it can actually start breaking down the proteins in the muscle. Depending on the size and what type of meat I marinade anywhere from 30 min(fish) to 8 hrs. Hope this helps I have found marinating to be a great way to add flavor.

Looks good! I have always thought about getting the Stubbs chicken, but never have pulled the trigger. I have tried there wing marinade and it is allot stronger!

Jak I hope everything goes well with your surgery results. Your chix look delicious. Rubbery to me always means it needed to be crisped up some more. I never had a marinade or brine cause that but have had it happen when I did not let it dry out enough after the brine.

Jak,glad to hear that you are getting up & about again. Chicken does looks guud. Don't do much wet marinade but do dry marinade.

Glad you are feeling better Jak! Chicken does look real good. I have found with chicken, especially
the breasts that if I marinate them more than 4 hours then they come out real rubbery and dry on
the outside. Dark meat such as the legs, thighs and wings I will let go up to 8 hours without any
problems.

Glad your getting back to normal. Chicken looks good and I agree with others about letting chicken marinade too long. Try to keep mine at 4 hours or less.

Glad you're back! Chicken sure looks great! Have to agree with the marinating being to long especially with white meat, done that a couple of times myself and the chicken could of been used for a tennis ball. Just use dry rubs on white meat and marinades only for dark now.

thanks everybody for the comments and marinating suggestions/advice. I will definitely take yalls advice into account and try to improve my results. those are things I didn't know, such as times being too long and differences in white and dark meats.

thanks again.... don't lift the lid....

Back