Maple-Brined Pork Loin

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
I was smoking some pork butt for a co-worker on my 14.5 WSM and had nothing to put on the bottom rack, so on went a pork loin brined with salt, maple syrup, and garlic cloves. As much as I love pork butt, it's also nice to eat some of the leaner cuts of pork. Thanks for stopping by!

The pork butt sitting in the brine, which was later sprinkled with some maple garlic seasoning

Some action shots and the carved pork loin

Looks awesome! What temp did you cook it on and what temp did you pull it?

Great looking cook there. I'd also like to know your temps.

Thanks for the compliments! Since the loin was just a "passenger" on my pork butt cook, it most likely saw temperatures in the 225°F to 250°F range. The loin was on the bottom rack with no temperature probe, as both of the Maverick probes were on the top rack with the pork butt, which is why I can only give an approximate cooking temperature for the loin. I believe the bottom rack is cooler than the top one, but I haven't put enough miles on the 14.5 WSM to accurately quantify by how much. As for when I pulled the roast out of the cooker, I removed it at 150°F and let carryover cooking do its thing as the loin rested.

Back