Many Recent (and not so recent) Cooks

Jon Des.

TVWBB Gold Member
Hey Everybody,

I'm still alive and I do check in here often, but the little guy has been keeping me too busy to post. I still owe you all a lengthy St. Patty's Day Corned Beef post (which will give you an idea how long it's really been, or what Tyler's birthday is!), but these are a few more recent ones that I thought I'd share first.

First up is a take on Weber's Jalapeno Burger Recipe of the Week from back in April.

They make a mess, but they're absolutely delicious.

Last edited:
Next up, Pepper Stout Beef done Mexican style. Ancho chilies, Mexican oregano and some hot peppers in the mix.

My new Junior Grillmaster keeping an eye on things.

Peppered.

Pulled.

Plated.

Fried Green Tomatoes with Buckboard Bacon and Goat Cheese.

Chicken cooked in the WSM with the water pan removed, served with a zucchini-rice gratin.

Burgers, hot peppers, mini-eggplants on the grill. The burgers were seasoned with some awesome stuff from Butcher-Packer.

S'mores for dessert.

No action pics, but this is a "mock tenderloin" with Madras curry cauliflower over rice. I post this only as a warning: DO NOT BUY MOCK TENDERLOIN. Worst piece of beef I've ever tried to cook.

But this guy didn't care.

Thanks for looking! I'll try to do more than just lurk on here from time to time as we get a little better handle on dealing with a baby that hates to sleep at night.

Thanks for sharing with us. That looks absolutely FINE!!

Of course, the good work is probably because of the great supervision that Jr. was doing!;)

Dale53

Jon - love the cooks and your little guy is special! He's gonna follow in your grilling footsteps!

Gotta say, that buckboard sammy looks ridiculous!!! Yum!

Welcome back Jon! The layoff is well deserved - the little smiley guy must take priority! Put some tongs in his hands and get his feet wet in the "World of Weber"!

Hey Everybody,

I'm still alive and I do check in here often, but the little guy has been keeping me too busy to post. I still owe you all a lengthy St. Patty's Day Corned Beef post (which will give you an idea how long it's really been, or what Tyler's birthday is!), but these are a few more recent ones that I thought I'd share first.

First up is a take on Weber's Jalapeno Burger Recipe of the Week from back in April.

They make a mess, but they're absolutely delicious.

Jon, I made these a couple of weeks ago and they are great.

Next up, Pepper Stout Beef done Mexican style. Ancho chilies, Mexican oregano and some hot peppers in the mix.

My new Junior Grillmaster keeping an eye on things.

Peppered.

Pulled.

Plated.

Fried Green Tomatoes with Buckboard Bacon and Goat Cheese.

Chicken cooked in the WSM with the water pan removed, served with a zucchini-rice gratin.

Your junior grill master is the best.

Back