Manifold resto

@Steve Hoch, oh yeah! Beautiful! A new, unofficial TVWBB club.....all you need is a bright, shiny manifold to join! :)

Looks great!

Did you clean the valves in place, or remove them? Doesn't look like you broke any! :)

R
Thanks, yours looks great too. No, I left them in. I used a wire wheel in my drill on everything.

@Steve Hoch, oh yeah! Beautiful! A new, unofficial TVWBB club.....all you need is a bright, shiny manifold to join! :)

Looks great!

Did you clean the valves in place, or remove them? Doesn't look like you broke any! :)

R
Here is my entry to join the club. I restored this LP manifold awhile ago, just haven't had a grill to put it in yet. I used a VHT blue caliper paint for the manifold just because I had some available .IMG_1697.JPGIMG_1699.JPG

Rick, I assume you keep that color caliper on hand all the time since you're a Penn State fan? ;)

I like it! I actually think it's the one place that non factory colors can look really good (and you don't see it anyway.)

R

Rick, I assume you keep that color caliper on hand all the time since you're a Penn State fan? ;)

I like it! I actually think it's the one place that non factory colors can look really good (and you don't see it anyway.)

R
You got it...WE ARE..

Any tips on removing valves? I wasn’t going to remove them but it looks like some corrosion very close to the valve threads. Or would you recommend leaving them alone and get the areas that are accessible?1F5403A6-B3A1-4BCC-8F92-456DED6579AD.jpeg7B23BC92-329F-41BF-8C50-93A90D93C3E2.jpeg00DAE5A0-E642-4AD0-8C7B-A5247E8AEE62.jpeg

2 things. One, I would avoid it as those look like they'll snap off, or 2, Soak in PBlaster for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time and go e a s y! Get some good pipe dope for gas fittings and when you go together use that on the threads

Great, now we’re restoring manifolds?

Just kidding, these are awesome. Might have to … restore my manifold. These look awesome and are probably really satisfying!

Mine is drying now and looks good. But honestly, the motivation for addressing it was the cost of replacing it! Crazy expensive. $130 plus…I am a cheap a$$ Airline pilot. I have a reputation to uphold.59897F4A-7936-4434-8EB4-37239CB9886E.jpeg1AFE2BA8-A0E1-4253-AF34-20A21EA5CBAF.jpeg

Richard
Did you remove your valves? I left mine on but I couldn’t clean them up as well as you did. Very nice work. 739A1492-F83C-4D0A-BD60-EA20687177D3.jpeg

I'm Rich, not Richard, but I removed the valves to get them that squeaky clean......not necessary, as you can open them up for the most important part of cleaning/lubing without removing them, but hey, in for a penny! :)

R

Back