Malcom Reed Tri-Tip

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Been watching this guy for a month or two, I really like his cooks. I did his Tri-Tip cook, only I did it on my kettle, 3-zone

First thing I did was sweat the meat. I used Garlic Salt & Pepper

jSA3LCe.jpg

After it sweated for about an hour I added Montreal Steak Seasoning

fnXM8dD.jpg

I made his balsamic mop sauce, it would separate within seconds, so I put it in a mason jar so that I can shake it when mopping

R1J9TVA.jpg

After cooking it 10 minutes on each side, I started the mopping. 5 minutes each side

u0BeDBX.jpg

ogrDYxN.jpg

tSTW8eu.jpg

Sxq7OO2.jpg

Pulled it at 125 IT

1AN5Nkk.jpg

After 10 minute rest, let the slicing begin

Awfully purdy

rdA1ADz.jpg

My plate. I actually ate more crookneck squash than Tri Tip. I just love crookneck squash

y78m0Bv.jpg

It was really tasty Tri Tip. The sweating the meat (something l learned in Malcom's video) really does a great job keeping the juices in in the meat. The next time I make this, I will cut back on the mopping. I probably mopped each side 4 times, I'd cut it back to 2 times

Last edited by a moderator:
Been watching this guy for a month or two, I really like his cooks. I did his Tri-Tip cook, only I did it on my kettle, 3-zone

First thing I did was sweat the meat. I used Garlic Salt & Pepper

jSA3LCe.jpg

After it sweated for about an hour I added Montreal Steak Seasoning

fnXM8dD.jpg

I made his balsamic mop sauce, it would separate within seconds, so I put it in a mason jar so that I can shake it when mopping

R1J9TVA.jpg

After cooking it 10 minutes on each side, I started the mopping. 5 minutes each side

u0BeDBX.jpg

ogrDYxN.jpg

tSTW8eu.jpg

Sxq7OO2.jpg

Pulled it at 125 IT

1AN5Nkk.jpg

After 10 minute rest, let the slicing begin

Awfully purdy

rdA1ADz.jpg

My plate. I actually ate more crookneck squash than Tri Tip. I just love crookneck squash

y78m0Bv.jpg

It was really tasty Tri Tip. The sweating the meat (something l learned in Malcom's video) really does a great job keeping the juices in in the meat. The next time I make this, I will cut back on the mopping. I probably mopped each side 4 times, I'd cut it back to 2 times
Love Malcom Reed, the man can cook!!

Wow, Chuck. That slicing video is a work of art! Outstanding looking Tri Tip. Did you actually go Wagyu?

Wow, Chuck. That slicing video is a work of art! Outstanding looking Tri Tip. Did you actually go Wagyu?
No Wagyu. It was Select, heck we seldom see Choice in our house and I can't remember the last time Prime found it's way here. But it was good :)

Looks tasty! I haven't done a tri tip in a while. One of my favorite cutes of beef to cook.

Back