Make your mark on the WSM Smoke Day Map

I'm in for a pork butt and some ribs. I'm new to smoking, bought a 18" WSM about 6 weeks ago (thanks to lots of research on this board!) and have done a smoke every weekend since. But it's been a couple weeks now since the last pork butt smoke, and the whole family is begging me to do another one; that's a good sign!

I'm in! First year ever now I've got my little smoker. :) I will be doing ribs as well.

Have a great day, Everybody! Looking forward to tomorrow!

Laura

Well, just realized this smoke day is tomorrow and not Memorial Day, oops, would help if I read the Smoke Day stuff more. Well I'm still gonna start my brisket on Sunday to Monday.

This is the first I've looked at the Smoke Day thread. I posted on the map. I will think of something. Ribs maybe. I was thinking lamb shank. I think I will go search the smoker threads for that!

I put mine in for Central Ohio as well. I will even be wearing my Smoke Day 10 T-shirt I got on Tuesday.

Dave

Ok - it's Saturday the 24th - 9:15 am in Canberra and I have a small marinated chunk of beef in the WSM on Smoke Day for lunch. I am keen to see how simply I can smoke something slow and low - so far spent 15 minutes setting up and plan to take it out in say 3 or 4 hours with no extra intervention...........

At 12 noon I checked on the WSM and have closed the vents off a bit to keep it in the 225f range. Aiming for the beef to be at about 185 - 195, maybe 200 (see how impatient I get) before taking it off to rest........

2pm and the temp was at 70c (160f) and couldn't wait any longer - pretty much perfect for a roast beef - not sure if it is classic slow cooked but it tastes great

Last edited:

Back