Mahi-Mahi-MAHI!

Looks fab Richard. Best eating fish on the planet! I used to catch them off the workboat down in Angola. My best was a five-footer on a hand-line, with a MacGyver'd bent teaspoon/treble-hook lure.
Being a warm water fish we can only get frozen M-M here in the UK. It's not bad, but it doesn't taste the same as fresh out the "oggin".

Last edited:
Dorado my favorite fish! Wish I could get it fresh here. It’s even difficult getting it frozen. Sure did eat a lot of it when I was in Hawaii.

On college trip to Mexico we got into a bunch. We kept telling the crew that we wanted them all. Of course they wanted to sell them. When we got back we told them we only wanted one for dinner. Every time we saw them the rest of the week at the bar they bought round after round for us!

Looks fab Richard. Best eating fish on the planet! I used to catch them off the workboat down in Angola. My best was a five-footer on a hand-line, with a MacGyver'd bent teaspoon/treble-hook lure.
Being a warm water fish we can only get frozen M-M here in the UK. It's not bad, but it doesn't taste the same as fresh out the "oggin".
Now THAT is a fishing story! Incredible!

Back