Magnetic LED grill lights.

This is what I have right now…
25A4FA83-8859-4D3D-8882-C0A1313A2D38.jpeg
I have replaced the piece of tree limb with simply using one of the old holes in the cypress. I should trim the shaft down a bit for a better fit but, have not done that yet.

I've got one of these in my drawer with the temperature probes:
Also keep one in my laptop bag, one in my car, bedside table, office....:)
You may have a problem....

I received my grill lights the other day and I think I'm going to like them. Very bright and adjustable. The adhesive metal disk works great on my Q1200 plastic side table. Thanks again for sharing the link @DanHoo .
20221012_193707.jpg
20221012_193233.jpg
20221012_193220.jpg

I use them on my performer table. The lid of the E6 is cool enough as I'm not making pizza. They barely grab onto the handle of my BGE. I think I'd have to wire them on if I were to use them there.

On my Performer is where I used my old light the most. This new light also sticks to the side table on the Kakadu Joe. (y) (y)

Be careful if you are attaching those magnet lights to a grill lid that gets hot.

Ask me how I know this.

Probably not an issue if you are attaching to an insulated/cool kamado lid.

But if attaching to a kettle or gasser lid that gets hot, be careful. As this review points out:

The bottom magnet holds well, but the body heats up from the grill heat. It gets too hot to touch, in order to turn on and off while cooking. That’s a huge problem. They’ll work anywhere else fine, but not on a gas grill, as the grill will always give off too much heat.

I was cooking salmon on a plank last night on the WSK E6. I had it about 425F on the dome temp gauge. I measured the spot where the light was mounted and it was 135F.

I think a kettle lid would get too hot to use these, and maybe a gas grill too.

As heat goes up, magnetic attraction goes down, and at a certain temperature it becomes irreversible. I had 3D printed something recently that had a pocket for a magnet and the pocket was too small, so I heated the neodymium magnet with a soldering iron to make it fit. Good thing I had more magnets. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
You may have a problem....
So true! I should add that I bought the Weber handle mount light on Amazon and was later refunded because it was a knock off. It's made for a pipe rather than the ribbed plastic handle on the Silver B. I was going to use InstaMorph to form something it can mount to but didn't get around to it.

So true! I should add that I bought the Weber handle mount light on Amazon and was later refunded because it was a knock off. It's made for a pipe rather than the ribbed plastic handle on the Silver B. I was going to use InstaMorph to form something it can mount to but didn't get around to it.

The lights that fit the Silver B handle are hard to find. I've hoarded a few for my 2001.

This one might work if yours is a few years later. 2004-2005.

I made an adapter for the Weber 7661 handle light and was disappointed...they are just not very bright (like me!) Here's a side-by-side comparison with the old 9057 handle light upgraded to 2x 3W LEDs. There has to be something better out there.

20200822_023514.jpg

The lights that fit the Silver B handle are hard to find. I've hoarded a few for my 2001.

This one might work if yours is a few years later. 2004-2005.

This all comes together - It was supposed to be the 7516 but didn't come with the 2nd clamp for the Silver B type handle because it was a knock off.

I stuck mine on a metal fence bracket, next to the grill.
It works for me.
One pic is with the porch light on.
The other with the porch light off.
I

Attachments

• 20221107_174119.jpg
    20221107_174119.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221107_174103.jpg
    20221107_174103.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 8
These work great on my WSK E6. I put a small piece of paper towel between the magnet and the lid so it wouldn't scratch the lid.

Pic is without a flash.

View attachment 60819
View attachment 60821

Magnetic Ultra-Bright Barbecue Grill Light with Super Bright LED Lights, Magnetic Base Flexible Gooseneck BBQ Light for Grilling,Adjustable Any Gas,Charcoal,Electric Grill White- 1 Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IJ9R9KM/?tag=tvwb-20
Danhoo, that’s a slick setup. Since you are using on your summit you might consider the Weber Summit LED handle light. I have one on mine and it really fits the bill. The nice thing is it works off a toggle so light comes on when the lid is up and turns off when you close the lid. It’s also removable so you can take it off the handle easy when not needed. BDB18E9E-F10E-454A-9B03-99EC7F9A1FF4.jpeg

Back