Magnetic LED grill lights.

Those are pretty cool Dan. I usually bring a flashlight out with me but I like your handsfree solution better.

Thanks for posting this Dan. I was looking for a replacement for my defunked NexGrill led grill light. It worked really good just wasn't very high quality.

Be careful if you are attaching those magnet lights to a grill lid that gets hot.

Ask me how I know this.

Probably not an issue if you are attaching to an insulated/cool kamado lid.

But if attaching to a kettle or gasser lid that gets hot, be careful. As this review points out:

The bottom magnet holds well, but the body heats up from the grill heat. It gets too hot to touch, in order to turn on and off while cooking. That’s a huge problem. They’ll work anywhere else fine, but not on a gas grill, as the grill will always give off too much heat.

I would suggest you store them inside as I can't count the number of grill lights that came with flippers that wound up in the trash. Between heat and weather they will not last outside.

Truth be told, while I have grill lights, I've yet go find a true value/use for them. My grills are on decks with standard deck lighting fixtures nearby. I only need enough light to read my Thermapen

Headlamps are out of the question?

I am with @Jay D in Jersey - sufficient deck and outdoor lighting to see the grill at night, but nothing beats a headlamp when I am working in the dark, so I thought I would put it out there.

I hear an occasional chuckle when I am wearing it while working, so there is that…

I’m still pleased with the Costco solar spotlights, cheap, warm light, doesn’t occupy much space. If I use them with the windscreen and leave the thing up, the light doesn’t last very late. The collector gets shaded out by the screen, I need to make some adjustments to position of the collector! I need that light! The light at the kettle was on at 7:00 in the morning But, nothing obstructing that collector.

Truth be told, while I have grill lights, I've yet go find a true value/use for them. My grills are on decks with standard deck lighting fixtures nearby. I only need enough light to read my Thermapen
Problem is that lights located close to the grill will often cast a shadow onto the grill surface when the lid is opened. Often the griller casts a shadow too.

A handle light is the perfect solution to that. Or a headlamp. Or a small flashlight in your mouth.

Be careful if you are attaching those magnet lights to a grill lid that gets hot.

Ask me how I know this.

Probably not an issue if you are attaching to an insulated/cool kamado lid.

But if attaching to a kettle or gasser lid that gets hot, be careful. As this review points out:

The bottom magnet holds well, but the body heats up from the grill heat. It gets too hot to touch, in order to turn on and off while cooking. That’s a huge problem. They’ll work anywhere else fine, but not on a gas grill, as the grill will always give off too much heat.
Attaching a magnetic light to a hot grill lid. What could possibly go wrong? ;)
I just snagged a set and will give one a whirl, on Old Reliable, (Genny Silver B). The control panel is metal, but it does get pretty hot, but not nearly as hot as the lid.
I'll probably have better luck on the Performer. I replaced the plastic table years ago with the metal.

I wish I could use the porch lights too.

Unfortunately, because of where we stack firewood and have planters set up on the porch, there's no way to position any of my grills to take advantage of the light.

Back