Looking for New Gas Grill

Because the natural air flow is the heat venting out the back. With that you can agree to disagree as I will. But having owned both types side by side, I have experienced the difference in practical application. Taking advantage of that "natural" flow just plain works better

Well, there you go. 10% less power. Plus, you have three SHORT burners vs. three LONG ones. This CPA knows nothing about btus, etc. but common sense suggests that you are getting more flame and more even coverage. DanHoo's numbers show more power in total and per square inch. Larry's at home trial seems to confirm these observations.

I see some great deals on 3-burner front control Genesis 300 series and Genesis II grills, but I don't look twice. I need another grill like a hole in the head, but if a crimson open cart Genesis II with the sear burner ever popped up, well...

View attachment 95730
Thankfully too far away, but this showed up tonight on my FBM search. I had to laugh at the timing!

IMG_5641.jpeg

Thankfully too far away, but this showed up tonight on my FBM search. I had to laugh at the timing!

View attachment 95882

Got one here for you too Jon
Weber genesis II gas barbecue BBQ

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240713_201557_craigslist.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_201557_craigslist.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2
Okay Josh, since all of your Genesis II grills go to '11', here's another LX for your collection... :cool:

View attachment 95990
If I needed a giant BBQ that would be the one!

They're actually a few nice four and six burner LX grills near me.

I thought about offering on this 4 burner but still way too big for me.
Screenshot_20240714_215829_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm happy with my two burner and my three burner LX. I might even get rid of my three burner LX when I start using my Genesis 1000. My wife said I can't sell the 2 burner. She says it's too cute to sell.

If I needed a giant BBQ that would be the one!

They're actually a few nice four and six burner LX grills near me.

I thought about offering on this 4 burner but still way too big for me.
View attachment 95992

I'm happy with my two burner and my three burner LX. I might even get rid of my three burner LX when I start using my Genesis 1000. My wife said I can't sell the 2 burner. She says it's too cute to sell.

That LX 240 is a rare bird, so definitely a keeper.

So --- as Scott had pointed out - there was a (very plausible) reason for weber to make the lids shorter to compensate for the shortcomings of the N/S burners on the Spirit II and (some?) Genesis II..... Does anyone have any insight as to why weber made the lids on the Summits SOOOO tall? They didn't really give any means in the way of accessories to actually utilize all that extra volume --- that just meant you were burning more gas to heat all that unneeded/wasted volume. If they would have had a second level grate system - half/third/whole coverage - that would have allowed for more indirect/oven type cooking I could understand it, but they didn't. It still baffles me why those lids were so tall.... other than just straight up marketing ---- 'OOooooo - look how BIG it is!'.

I've never seen anyone do a 'beer can turkey'.... let alone two or three at a time.

Well I know on my original Summit (Gen 1 Summit 450), the nice thing about that taller lid was that it had a actual USABLE upper rack that was stainless just like the main grates. And frankly I enjoyed having that feature. And there was no shortage of "grilling power" there. Although it did have 4 burner in the same space as a Genesis of the era. (grate sq in.) but with about 8k more BTU in that same space. Actually maybe more BTU. Because I forgot it's total compared to the old Genesis 2 I had. IIRC I may be wrong on that part. IIRC the Genesis had 36k and the Summit may have been 48k. Jon has the Summit now and perhaps he can collaborate and confirm my recollection.
All I know is the Summit got plenty hot on both racks to do good work. It just was no good for rotisserie cooking so it never did "replace" my Genesis. Which had been my original reason for buying it

So --- as Scott had pointed out - there was a (very plausible) reason for weber to make the lids shorter to compensate for the shortcomings of the N/S burners on the Spirit II and (some?) Genesis II..... Does anyone have any insight as to why weber made the lids on the Summits SOOOO tall? They didn't really give any means in the way of accessories to actually utilize all that extra volume --- that just meant you were burning more gas to heat all that unneeded/wasted volume. If they would have had a second level grate system - half/third/whole coverage - that would have allowed for more indirect/oven type cooking I could understand it, but they didn't. It still baffles me why those lids were so tall.... other than just straight up marketing ---- 'OOooooo - look how BIG it is!'.

I've never seen anyone do a 'beer can turkey'.... let alone two or three at a time.
Do you need that extra clearance for rotisserie cooking?

I see no reason you couldn't fit three beer can chickens on a Genesis Silver B or 1000 and I have done several turkeys, one was 18lbs on a roto in mine without issue.

Back