Longtime WI processor's shop crushed by silo

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
Noooo...Sorg's is my go-to place when I want really good meat!:mad::(

Fortunately no one was hurt and they're still able to be open, so I should drive over and give them some business.

Wow. Unpleasant doesn't begin to describe that. About the only bright spot is no human injuries. That's a double whammy, both animal feed and a butcher shop wiped out.

Ugh.... now that I've found the rest of the pics.....I have to wonder if the steel cabling keeping the staves in compression failed near the bottom. :( Looks like high moisture shelled corn (high quality dairy feed,) pics 4 & 5 really show the silo.

What a shame. we need independent businesses to do well. Hopefully, the insurance will do right by them instead of pinching every penny. If I was living in the area, I'd definitely make a trip to support them.

I had never heard of them. They're not far from me at all. Only about 30 min each way. I will have to give them a try

heard about it happening... happy no injuries... very sad. With today's events, not a good time to happen, as if dealing with Covid isn't enough to hurt a business.

I had never heard of them. They're not far from me at all. Only about 30 min each way. I will have to give them a try
That's kind of surprising, since I can't recall ever going there and not seeing at least one IL car in the parking lot!

With the holidays coming up I hope they'll be able to handle custom orders. In the past they've cut me some really nice standing rib roasts with good fat caps.

Back