Longaniza con Huevo...

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This burrito is made with longaniza and eggs. Longaniza is very similar to chorizo. This is my favorite..my mother would make this for me all the time. My father would get upset because thats all I wanted even when we would go out to a restaurant. This was made for breakfast when I was camping.

Cook down the longaniza..

add the eggs and finish cooking.

we also made refried beans.

here is my wife and the pigman next to her..

make the burritos with with your ingridients and add cheese. and put back on the grill for 4 minutes or so.

this is what they look like inside

plated and ready to eat.

looks like you're eeting at one of the finest restaurants on the west coast there, Tony and Maribel.... with one of the finest chefs around, no less!

Very nice looking breaksfast!!! I can't tell the difference between longaniza and chorizo taste wise. What is the diference? That Bud light in the chair, is that left over from the night before or hair of the dog?

Looks super Tony! I've eaten a few of those burritos in my time!
Your too hard on yourself! You look like a happy dude and heck..can't trust a skinny cook can ya?

Looks like fun Tony!

Very nice looking breaksfast!!! I can't tell the difference between longaniza and chorizo taste wise. What is the diference? That Bud light in the chair, is that left over from the night before or hair of the dog?

Longaniza is meatier and less greasy.
Chorizo is more greasy and less meatier.

The bud light on the chair is the best beer you can have after its been in the ice chest all night long...:)

Tony, I'm sure I have said this before but mexican is my favorite food, could eat it at least four or five times a week. Oh wait, i already do! You and Maribel rock! keep up the good posts they always inspire me!

Dave

I love that you use your grill for everything, even cooking in a pan. That all looks great, as always.

As always, great lookin' cooks, Tony & Mirabel. You're gonna be killing the northern guys getting your (first?) camping trip of the year in all ready!

Back