Loin Backs on the OTS

Ken_K

TVWBB Super Fan
It's been a while since I've done ribs, just took me a while to get into the season. I was actually going to do these for smoke day but it didn't work out that way.

Here they are just on the grill, rubbed with Wolfe Rub Citrus.

DSCN0536.jpg

I ran them for about 90 minutes at ~350 degrees, then in foil for about 45 minutes. Then back on the grill for about 20 minutes. This was a very thick rack so it took a little extra time even at high heat to get done.

Here they are after being sauced with SBR Original, I also put a small foil pan to hot tub some boneless skinless breasts.

DSCN0537.jpg

Sliced...

DSCN0538.jpg

The sad remains...

DSCN0539.jpg

Ken,
That last pic should state 'the happy remains!'
Great looking ribs!
More info please on the chicken breasts in a hot tub?

Thanks Bob, I'm sad because no ribs remain
icon_biggrin.gif
But I guess that means I just need to cook more.
icon_wink.gif

The hot tub chicken is simply boneless skinless breasts ( I usually use boneless skinless thighs for this but didn't have any on hand) you just rub with your favorite rub and grill just a few minutes a side just to color them a bit, (they won't be done all the way through yet) then put them in a pan and cover with your favorite BBQ sauce and let them cook in the hot tub till done. My wife doesn't really like skin on chicken so this method allows me to cook them juicy and tender with plenty of sauce. Great for shredded chicken sammies too!

Looks great Ken!
By the look of your last pictures I guess they were
icon_smile.gif

The chicken sounds pretty darn good also.

Back