LinkMeter v2 Homebrew BBQ Controller - Part 2

Originally posted by Dave Smith:
I'm not on IM......tried the above but get invalid address (wireless off)

There is something else going on. If you were connected as before, you would see 2 addresses in the ipconfig. Is it possible that you have the ethernet port on your laptop disabled?

Ok, I can only assume that there is a non-standard config in the linksys and that it is acting as a bridge to your existing wireless lan. I would suggest to do a factory reset on it so that we will know it's IP address and login information.

Just to be clear, this will wipe the configuration so that you can install the linkmeter firmware which you will need to set up from scratch.

Originally posted by Dave Smith:
if the wireless is off, then I can't bringup a web page to type in the address for linksys?

Correct. That is why we copy the .bin file to the laptop. Disconnect wireless. Plug in the cable to the linksys, wait 10-15 seconds. open the browser and cancel or wait to time out. Then enter the http://192.168.1.1 at the top.

I am still confused why I don't see 2 addresses in the ipconfig though.

If you want, I can be available to help via IM.

Originally posted by Ben Fillmore:
Also, to make triple sure on this one (I know I keep checking this) you're plugged into one of the LAN ports, right?

l48-2230-call2-yc.jpg

number3

Originally posted by Bryan Mayland:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Smith:
Need some help with the router side....connected linksys to my home router lan 3 to lan 3, type in 192.168.1.1 and get address not valid.
(I'm trying to flash it )
If it is still running the stock Linksys firmware, plug your computer directly into the WRT54G and then you should be able to access http://192.168.1.1/

On the rebooting issue
I've had never had a problem with the router rebooting itself during a cook. It is possible though if the device runs out of memory for some reason that the kernel will crash and then the hardware watchdog will reboot the device. More likely it will just kill the webserver process. Neither of these ever happen while I'm cooking though, although I am careful about not trying to open too many connections to it. For testing I keep the LinkMeter running 24/7 and check in on it from time to time. Right now it has been running for 28 days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

too many connections might have been the problem... I was bragging to friends and it may have been overloaded....

Just to make sure, you're plugging your new WRT54GL into your computer, yes? Not the home router. It's just weird that both addresses have that 0 in them.

What are you doing to disconnect from the wireless? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm at a bit of a loss here.
i diconnect my connection from taskbar, then hit the antenna button above the number 2 on keypad.

Originally posted by RJ Riememsnider:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Fillmore:
meh

But he was connected to wireless. I have seen some drivers report as a LAN connection instead of a wireless adapter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... I realize that now.
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RJ Riememsnider:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Fillmore:
meh

But he was connected to wireless. I have seen some drivers report as a LAN connection instead of a wireless adapter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... I realize that now.
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, we'll get it figured out.

Back