Limited Edition Weber Original Kettle Premium 22" in RED!! Order by May 12!

Troy, get the order placed on your red computer, drive the red car over and GET THE RED GRILL!
Enabling enough?
You will never regret it!!!

My guess is it will go the way of their charcoal and be discounted at some point.
I wonder if the overwhelming response to the early "special order" process caused the greed to kick in and the quantity kicked up several fold. I ordered one of those early versions and not happy to have to pay shipping on top of the $199 price when you can now walk into many stores and buy them out the door for just $199. I'll be thinking about things differently if they do more colorful grills in the future.

I'm sorry guys there is no "limited" edition about this grill. They are flooding them and the timing is wrong being that we are past summer. I think there will be plenty of these grills available by next summer....

I wonder if the overwhelming response to the early "special order" process caused the greed to kick in and the quantity kicked up several fold. I ordered one of those early versions and not happy to have to pay shipping on top of the $199 price when you can now walk into many stores and buy them out the door for just $199. I'll be thinking about things differently if they do more colorful grills in the future.

I thought I missed my shot at the item until I saw Weber advertising it over the weekend on social media. I was wondering why they were rubbing my nose in the fact I couldn't get one. Now I see they are at Lowe's. I am really tempted to get one to head to my Weber family. Would be perfect for Thanksgiving.

Chris,

Hope you're doin' well, been a while since I've frequented your site, but rest assured (hey, a 'que pun there) I've been cooking my share of meat, fish, chicken, etc...in various forms...I even cook <gasp> veggies these days...LOL

I just want to understand what is so special about this "Limited Edition"?

Obviously it's red, but it's a bit bright compared to the traditional black.

I also see a spiffy "Limited Edition" vent handle....

Is there anything else this limited edition model offers?

My Kettle is what made me a die hard Weber fan, it has served me well over the years...but I realize that for the amount of 'que I do I may have been better even having the ash pot vs. the ash tray.

What is limited and/or special about this grill other than the color? It is no Summit Charcoal...LOL

Alan - smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Last edited:
Hi Alan,

Red is one of Weber's most popular colors and they've not made red kettles since 2000, so many people are excited for a chance to buy these grills. Weber has not defined "limited" and we don't know how many were made, but I suspect when all grills from this production run are sold, there won't be more made for some time...but who knows.

Besides the color, here's what makes this grill different from a Premium 22.5" black kettle costing $50 less:

• Limited Edition lid badge
  • Tuck-Away lid holder
  • Black ash bowl
  • Black rubber wheels
  • Black plastic charcoal Summit lid damper handle
  • Grill sits 2.5" higher due to longer legs

I just picked one up from Lowe's tonight. I'll put it together tomorrow. I just moved to another state and won't be getting the rest of my stuff here until mid next year. All my Webers are still there so I needed something. The tuck away lid holder is something I am used to from my Performer, good to see it on here. I am looking forward to using it this weekend!

Red is one of Weber's most popular colors and they've not made red kettles since 2000, so many people are excited for a chance to buy these grills.

I guess I'm not feeling the love on the red paint. It's only going to get black anyway...j/k OTOH, I thought the green doesn't look too bad...but I'm fine with the traditional black...but I feel like I'm being marketed to with little value added. :p

Besides the color, here's what makes this grill different from a Premium 22.5" black kettle costing $50 less:

• Limited Edition lid badge
  • Tuck-Away lid holder
  • Black ash bowl
  • Black rubber wheels
  • Black plastic charcoal Summit lid damper handle
  • Grill sits 2.5" higher due to longer legs

I would like to understand the tuck-away lid holder, I have never used a lid holder. The lid holder is in the lid, and that is what I eluded to before...just upgrading to a Master-Touch would be a magnitude better than my current kettle.

The wheels look like a $10 to me, one of the areas I have always felt Weber could have done better. Honestly, they could do better on the wheels on ALL models.

Why not incorporate that nice top vent like the Summit Charcoal? I could see that being handy.

In regard to legs. I personally like the idea of the small Performer with 4 legs, but 4 leg presents issues with leveling on an un-level surface. I'd like to see something more industrial, for lack of a better term. Something a professional chef would use. In regard to height, I often feel my original style kettle is unstable, so not sure I want it higher. It would be better mounted in a cart with table, IMO, I have just never done it as most people haven't. :p

I really like what they've done with the Summit Charcoal, but there must be a way to make a better mouse trap, err...I mean kettle, for the working class. There are other vendors coming in with higher tech charcoal style "designer grills" it seems...and of course ceramics have created a large following....a better cart might not be a bad idea.

I know it's easier said than done, but maybe I should design my own to understand the design complexity.

I've been sleeping and caught the late word on the red limited. When I did finally see the new grill I showed it to my sweetheart and mentioned how it would make a great Christmas present. She didn't seem very interested and mentioned that I have more grills than what I use.

Long story short I just couldn't get the grill out of my head and knew that I would regret not having that in my briQhouse.

A couple of days after the release I went to the Weber website only to find out that they were out of stock....

I frantically started looking and found one at Home Depot with free shipping out of California.

On a whim I decided to have the grill shipped to my office, not my home.

The love of my life has started mentioning that I had better ask others for some of the gifts I have been eyeing for Christmas.

I could be wrong but I think we currently have a household that has two of these grills.

I got mine delivered to my office yesterday and it's currently under the bed cover of my truck and will soon be stored in my buddy's garage until December 26 and at that point I will need to make a decision.

Let's all keep this on the down-low.

I stopped by Lowes to check them out.
They're more of a medium red, not the darker red of the originals.
It could be my imagination, but the lid felt lighter.
The release for the ash pan was very hard to squeeze.

On a whim I decided to have the grill shipped to my office, not my home.

You know it's bad when you start shipping 'ques to the office so the wife doesn't know...LOL (just kidding!)

I actually saw one on craigslist last night for $95 in Petaluma CA, if anyone is there...I am going up that way in a day or two, but if someone is close, they have a chance! :)

I put mine together last night. I am so out of practice that it took me much longer than I would have liked, but it's together now. I'll be firing it up to make some wings this weekend.

My baby Roxanne came in today, guys! My first ever Weber kettle grill. I've been wanting one for a long time, and glad I made the choice on this one! It's gotten much of a bad rap on the "weber kettle fans" group on Facebook, but mine is beautiful and I can't wait to use it tomorrow! I'm going to cook a party pack of Johnsonville Beddar With Cheddar sausages, three chuck steaks and two top sirloin steaks.

I hated putting it together, though. :p I've never been a fan of Weber's instructions (it's just pictures), but anyway, getting the legs on was the worst, just because I had to fight with those pop-'em-in-and-hold thingymajigs. Couldn't get them to stay in and get the legs in, but alas, it was done! Can't wait until tomorrow...! Red is my favorite (asides from blue) color.

Why Roxanne? The Police! "Roxxxxannne! You don't have to put on the red light!"

7mOxQxV.jpg

R2Io5z9.jpg

I assembled mine tonight. I'm very happy with it. Looks great. I really like the color and for some reason I really like the rubber wheels too.

Thank you, Bob!

I just can't believe how relentless the "Weber Kettle Fans" group on Facebook is. Complete and total backlash against this redhead. Apparently there's some defective redheads out there, but I can't complain. I may have noticed a couple of teeny tiny marks up close on mine, but I figured, it's a grill. It's going to get dirty no matter what unless it's never used. And since this is my first Weber kettle, of course I'm going to use the hell out of it. I think it's an extremely high quality grill and not the 'Chinese crap' that the vocal minority is making it out to be.

Sad surprise

IMG_0068_zpsxfetfvrt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just received my limited edition red from Amazon. Used the link on this site to preorder it. I had seen a couple YouTube reviews on it in advance of receiving it indicating that people were finding quality issues with the red coating including chipping. I was nervous and now my fears have come true. I have about a 3 inch long chip along the edge of the cover. I called Weber CS today (nice that they are open on Saturdays!). They instructed me to send it back to Amazon rather than replacing it under warranty. Should I be worried that I will not receive one because they are "limited edition"?

I also received one today and it has the exact same damage as Jon's. It is also through Amazon. The end shipping was USPS. I wonder if the packaging is insufficient since the damage is nearly identical. They also were most likely in the same shipment when it reached this area.

Amazon will send a new one on Monday and pick up the damaged one. Fingers crossed :)

Enjoy!

Back