Limited Edition Weber Original Kettle Premium 22" in RED!! Order by May 12!

$149??? Good luck. Very sad...

I know this topic has been beat up enough already, but I happened to stop in the Home Depot south of me that actually had the Ltd Edition Red Kettles back in December. They were no longer on the main shelf with the other kettles, but two were near the front of the store with a bunch of stockpiled gas grills. This Home Depot is still holding out for $149 each. Good luck with that:confused:. I don’t think even a half-price manager special at $74.99 would coax me to buy either of these:

aa7nts.jpg

Not only were there chunks missing from the porcelain but the lids were warped and wouldn’t sit flat...not to mention the thin pinkish orange red color. I feel bad that what started out as a cool idea for Weber fans has wound up turning out this disappointingly.

I am buying a beautiful cherry red 1970s kettle :redmastertouch:with the classic metal handles from a WKC member. For $150 (plus he threw in a trove of Weber gas grill parts:)) there is no comparison in my mind.

Last edited:
Bought one, opened it, and had to return it... sadly.

Handles half painted... black spots showing through the paint on the lid and belly. Before returning, I even contacted Weber and sent them pictures to see if they could send me a "non-defective" unit and they declined stating these issues I sent pictures of (and mentioned above) were not defects and the intended result. I was pretty shocked/disappointed because that's not typical Weber quality. It's also really unfortunate because I wanted to have this in my arsenal.. red/black is my favorite color combo and it's a throwback to a different time! #Americana

Last edited:
Hi. I’m not a connoisseur of Weber kettles but I’m a gas griller and have always used Weber. A few years ago, over summer, I wanted to try a kettle and I got this limited edition for $125 or so at Home Depot. Thought it was a good deal. I don’t seem to have any defects like others in this thread. I didn’t even know it was an issue until I pulled it out of the shed after sitting there for 2 years because I’ve decided I want to try to smoke on it with a FireBoard 2 + blower. Mine looks great to me. I guess I was a lucky one. CEBA68EF-BB07-48BC-A6D9-DBDE8C80DABD.jpeg

Just maybe, you got the best one!?
Good that you are pleased with the kettle, sad that so many others are very very disappointed.
Also sad about how customer service “addressed” your defects Brian. That is awful!
I’m lucky, all my stuff is holding up well. Getting a little lid “rash” from the lid holder but, it’s been eight years since I had to replace it due to flat line wind damage.

Back