Lighting Thermopro

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
Way-way-back many of us Forum Members purchased it at a great discount. Mine was never used to date as it was a misplaced item in my BBQ Arsenal and surfaced today,so, how is your “Lighting” holding-up?

Attachments

• A8F19591-C063-43AA-9D5A-76CE4177A566.jpeg
    A8F19591-C063-43AA-9D5A-76CE4177A566.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 16
  • C5840BA5-ABC4-4DF8-B82E-88A602C56456.jpeg
    C5840BA5-ABC4-4DF8-B82E-88A602C56456.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 16
Mine is working great. I have had one for a couple years not and it is my go to. I also have the Thermoworks version. They are both great thermometers but I find myself using the ThermoPro lightning all the time since it has a magnet on it and sticks to the side of my microwave near the door to my back deck with my Q grill. The thermoworks sits in a drawer, hidden or misplaced all the time.

Like Bruce, I use both the ThermoPro Lightning and the Thermoworks Thermapen One. I use them a lot, interchangeably. Both are holding up fine.

I have the ThermoPro Lightning and also a Mk4. I hate the feeling of the Lightning compared to the Mk4 may sound silly both work well I paid under $30 dollars for the Lightning it is a backup but I do use it 3-4 times a year as my wife usually steals the Mk4 and keeps it upstairs so if I am to lazy when smoking on the lower level by the pool to go upstairs and get it I use it depends on how many glasses of wine I have had. :)

I have commented at length (and even with pictures!) about the "feel" difference between these two fine thermometers.

The Thermoworks Themapen One has a solid, sleek feel. I call it the Mercedes kind of thermometer, but you can substitute whatever high end brand that exudes that quality.

The ThermoPro Lightning aims for more of an SUV feel, with rubber, grooved grips. I have likened to a Land Rover, but pick your own.

The newcomer, Typhur, went for the minimalist Apple/Google look. In car terms think maybe Tesla.

I own the first two, but have a hard time justifying adding the Typhur even though my curiosity makes me at least think about it!

I bought three over time; one for the kitchen, one for the basement where I grill and smoke at the walkout, and the third one because I couldn't resist the deal lol. The one from 2022 is used very frequently in the kitchen and I love it. Cosmetically, and from a sense of feel perspective, I do prefer the smoothness of a Thermapen but psychologically I feel less apt to the Lightning slipping out of my hands.

1718328760326.png

Back