Life Changes....

Well, phase one complete.

Got the Q1200 and the Smokey Joe moved over to the front patio.

IMG_20210307_193939898.jpg

Phase 2 will be putting this:

IMG_20200502_154546381_HDR.jpg

There:

IMG_20210307_193939898~2.jpg

Then I will store the Smokey Joe on the lower shelf under the Q1200. Then the redhead triplets will be all together and ready to roll.

What a fun thread. Thanks for letting us look in on your situation Mike. Life changed for my wife and I last year, moving from ranch style home in Florida to a duplex in Central PA. Grilling challenges (22" kettle & genesis Silver B) were an HOA, very little outdoor space and a basically no back yard (as in a steep drop off). We solved it by spending more money! Built a deck off of our garage, bought a Smokey Joe 14" and a steel table to cook on. Deck not covered because I want to see the stars & planets at night. Weather is gonna break good this week, should be fun!IMG_6103.JPGIMG_6073.JPG

Know itā€™s sad that anyone has to lock up their equipment like that, it really makes me depressed to know that itā€™s necessary.
Most of my stuff is hidden from view for the most part or is more ā€œtransientā€ in nature and I can put those away if Iā€™m so inclined.
Itā€™s supposed to be nice today, I should go out and do a little grill maintenance and put the spinner away for the time being. Oh and uncover the gasser and test fire it for the season to come!

Concerned about theft ? My daughter lives in Plaza District and she can't keep anything outside.
I was about to ask the same question - and then I noticed all the cables and padlocks. I think the answer to your question is yes. :D
Yeah, I'm a little concerned hence the cable locks, like Brenda pointed out. But, our street is very well lit, we keep our porch light on, and I have a very visible camera so I'm hoping we don't have any issues. When we're traveling, we'll probably have the Q1200 and the Smokey Joe with us and I plan to roll the Performer inside while we're gone for any trips. We'll see how it goes. I'm kind of placing a little trust in humanity so hopefully they don't let me down.

What a fun thread. Thanks for letting us look in on your situation Mike. Life changed for my wife and I last year, moving from ranch style home in Florida to a duplex in Central PA. Grilling challenges (22" kettle & genesis Silver B) were an HOA, very little outdoor space and a basically no back yard (as in a steep drop off). We solved it by spending more money! Built a deck off of our garage, bought a Smokey Joe 14" and a steel table to cook on. Deck not covered because I want to see the stars & planets at night. Weather is gonna break good this week, should be fun!View attachment 23833View attachment 23834
Love the deck and the view. Can't beat that, for sure.

I'm gonna have to agree on the depressing state of affairs that this stuff has to be locked up. Last summer, while making a test burn in my monster, the HeaterMeter indicated the door was opened around 3:00 AM, and it was sitting way back on the lot, nowhere near the street.

Maiden front porch cook tonight!

Coals are hot

IMG_20210308_183227323.jpg
Wings on

IMG_20210308_183357604.jpg

Getting some color

IMG_20210308_192605256.jpg

Now, normally I'm not a sauce-on-the-grill wing guy. But, I was thinking about how back in the day my Dad would be making chicken legs on the little hibachi charcoal grill and he would slather those bad boys with BBQ sauce and they would caramelize and glaze up. I was having good memories about it lately so I decided to do some of the wings with Head Country Chipotle and the rest with Frank's Red Hot Wings.

IMG_20210308_193332727.jpg

Paired them with some Greek cucumber and tomato salad. Nice fresh and vinegary contrast to the sticky, sweet, and spicy wings.

IMG_20210308_194430539.jpg

Cooking on the front patio was fun. A few college aged kids were on their porch two houses down drinking and having some animated conversion. Waved at several evening walkers out with their dogs. All in all, it was a great evening of grilling.

Yeah, I'm a little concerned hence the cable locks, like Brenda pointed out. But, our street is very well lit, we keep our porch light on, and I have a very visible camera so I'm hoping we don't have any issues. When we're traveling, we'll probably have the Q1200 and the Smokey Joe with us and I plan to roll the Performer inside while we're gone for any trips. We'll see how it goes. I'm kind of placing a little trust in humanity so hopefully they don't let me down.
Humanity failed me once, I bought a nice bench when I first moved out with some friends when I was 21 we put it out front and it was gone the first night. šŸ™ƒ

That is an awesome set up you have there.
Thank you so much. As you can see in this thread it's been a definite work in progress but I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.

Humanity failed me once, I bought a nice bench when I first moved out with some friends when I was 21 we put it out front and it was gone the first night. šŸ™ƒ

Yeah, I'm being optimistic about it. My wife is concerned but our street is well lit and doesn't get huge traffic. Our neighbors on both sides have trigger happy barking dogs, I have a very visible camera right above the grills, and I keep the porch light on at all times when it's dark. I have the Performer and the Q1200 locked up so it's the smaller stuff that's hopefully not worth the time and effort. We'll see.

Back