Leftovers

Chuck-roaniecowpony

TVWBB Super Fan
Had my first leftover this morning. I took some of my wife's incredible mashed potatoes and made a potatoe pancake. Sorry, I ate the evidence. No pix.

But I did use our new GreenPan ceramic pans from Costco (~$60 for 3 pans online only). Worked really well for a potatoe pancake, browned it and it slid around like the Sham-Wow guy was demonstrating it. No added oil was needed. I like how a cast iron pan does them, but this browned as well and didn't stick.

Had my first leftover this morning. I took some of my wife's incredible mashed potatoes and made a potatoe pancake. Sorry, I ate the evidence. No pix.

But I did use our new GreenPan ceramic pans from Costco (~$60 for 3 pans online only). Worked really well for a potatoe pancake, browned it and it slid around like the Sham-Wow guy was demonstrating it. No added oil was needed. I like how a cast iron pan does them, but this browned as well and didn't stick.
Had some of my apple & sausage cornbread dressing (recipe attached), with poached eggs on top for breakfast. Just as good as one of my favorites, corned beef hash.

Attachments

• Apple and Sausage Cornbread Stuffing.pdf
    177.1 KB · Views: 0
I sent all the leftovers aside from some stuffing a d sweet potato crunch home with the kids and our guest.
I just didn’t feel terribly “inclined” given some family worries. Sister in law is reaching the end of her fight with two years of bad health problems. I even had a hard time with dinner yesterday.
I‘m glad that I’ve had things to keep me busy even if it was nothing more than putting holiday dishes away and laundry.

Thanks to all of you for giving me a very pleasant diversion from all of that.

Sadly, we had no leftovers but turkey which was done on purpose. One thing I did do differently this year was to make a lot of gravy. Now I have a breast and a quart of gravy in the freezer whick will become turkey pot pie with buttermilk biscuit topping!!
You’re half way to turkey meatballs with gravy over mashed pots. Think Swedish meatballs but with your gravy and buy or make some ground Turkey meatballs.

Having a big bird was nice to send the mother's home with lots of leftovers.

We got a heck ton of turkey so may do a pot pie as well. Maybe play around with the air fryer as well

Back