Left over Smoked Turkey Pot Pies

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Left over Smoked Turkey Pot Pies

Decided to make some smoked turkey pot pies from some of the turkey I did a couple of weeks ago.

Chopped turkey with the ingredients for my sauce.
S1031302_zpsspqz7cgu.jpg

Ingredients for making my pie tops.
S1031308_zps8qmaxfzq.jpg

Getting the sauce started.
S1031311_zpsipgscl4m.jpg

Making pie toppings.
S1031315_zpsoxk1iher.jpg

S1031318_zpsidsahj28.jpg

Sauce, turkey, mixed vegetables with no salt into the ramekins waiting for tops.
S1031319_zpslxktvixb.jpg

S1031322_zpsm5xqdcls.jpg

Egg wash on top for browning.
S1031325_zpsjwtb7imu.jpg

Pot pies out and cooling.
S1031326_zps6zptx5vr.jpg

We froze them for later which you can microwave or oven heat them. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

Those look great Barb! Any chance you could post a recipe for this. I would love to surprise my wife with these. She is a big fan of pot pies.
TIA

Those look great! Really good comfort food idea for turkey leftovers that I'll definitely be trying. Thanks for sharing, Barb!

I love the pot pie from scratch. Also love the smaller ramekens. Perfect winter comfort food to pull out of the freezer for lunch/dinner.

You just brought me home to a time long ago when my Mom would make a huge version of that for the eight kids and husband and her Mom. Thank you, they look great

I found some ramekins at the store today! They had a lid and were priced around $3.60.... I see some french onion soup & pot pies in my future :)

Excellent meal Barb. This scores really high on my practical comfort food meter. Uses leftovers - check; uses stuff laying around in the pantry - check; can be frozen for later - check; tastes completely awesome - double check! We love converting leftovers into long term food - we mainly do this with stocks and broths but this approach will bring something even better to the table. I sense a new post Thanksgiving tradition coming our way...

Regards,

John

Back