Lazy Sunday on the Weber Master touch

Davo

TVWBB Super Fan
Its been a while since i've lit up this kettle so i thought today i'll make it pay for it's storage costs lol.
So today i'm smoking some beef ribs, ABTs & sweet potato in foil
Later i'll put on the sausages.
Using the slow n sear with water.

Awesome Summer day here in the land downunder 🍺🌞

Attachments

• 20240218_121021.jpg
    20240218_121021.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 11
Everything looks great, I'm just kind of wondering how much beef ribs are per pound down under
I bought these 3 for about $23 and they were 1.3kg in the pack so maybe 2.5 Ib. They were on special because the use by date was the 19th Feb.

I really wanted Tri-tip but there was no grass fed tri-tip on the shelves, only grain fed ones. I find that grain fed doesn't have much taste and they don't have the nutrients that grass fed does.

I also cooked up some ABTs but the peppers were still too crunchy but wifey was hungry😂

Attachments

• 20240218_145712.jpg
    20240218_145712.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0
Everything looks great, I'm just kind of wondering how much beef ribs are per pound down under
Randy, my wife informs me that those ribs cost around $30 not $23 as I thought earlier but yeah they were 2.3 kilo but those bones were too big , probably close to half the weight of the meat.......they were a bit chewy but were edible, probably could have done another couple of hours in the kettle.
What i was mostly impressed with was the slow n sear, this is only the 2nd time I've used it for smoking meat and it's a great bit of kit, wish I had one many years ago. I filled the SNS with 90% unlit Heatbeads (these are an Australian brand of briquette and larger than Kingsfords and burn a lot longer) and I lit about 15 good sized briquettes that were unburnt from last use and placed the lit briquettes on one end, put some cherry wood for smoking and let it rip....it was sitting on around 275F all day from 11am till after 5pm and so after 5 hours, I was amazed to see that i only used up half of the charcoal i put in there so I reckon there was at least another 4-5 hours of cooking in that load.......wow....no other way I've ever tried went for that long on such an amount of fuel....so i got a lot left over for next time....happy about that!!

cheers

Davo

Back