Last comp of season !

Jay_SmokinDawg77

TVWBB Member
We had our last comp of the 2020 season , we had 8 cancel:mmph: this year. We competed in a great field of back yard cooks (20). Must say comp trailer life is soooo good ! We were just locked in , not sure how else to put it , we had our best cook EVER.

chicken 2nd place , missed 1st by .002
ribs 2nd place , missed 1st by .001
pork 1st place , our 1st , 1st place pork finally !
Brisket 9th place , we over did seasoning trying knock out ballpark (salty)...good enough for RGC !

We finish our 1st ever BBQ competition season as Team of the Year ! for FBA. never in my wildest dreams did we think that would be a be here that fast !

Attachments

• camp mack 2020.jpg
    camp mack 2020.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 40
  • campmack20.rgc.jpg
    campmack20.rgc.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 39
  • campmack2020chix.jpg
    campmack2020chix.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 37
  • campmackrib2020.jpg
    campmackrib2020.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 36
  • campmackpork2020.jpg
    campmackpork2020.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 38
  • campmack2020birzz.jpg
    campmack2020birzz.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 41
Congrats, Jay! Takes me back to my brief competition days when I teamed up with another TVWBB member to form a team. Got to compete with and against some TVWBB old timers, with the highlight being my opportunity to shoot the breeze, drink some whiskey and smoke a cigar with Jim Minion at the Big Chill in Tahoe.

My forte was the pulled pork turn-in, but your box kicks my butt for sure! :)

Rich

Congrats, Jay! Takes me back to my brief competition days when I teamed up with another TVWBB member to form a team. Got to compete with and against some TVWBB old timers, with the highlight being my opportunity to shoot the breeze, drink some whiskey and smoke a cigar with Jim Minion at the Big Chill in Tahoe.

My forte was the pulled pork turn-in, but your box kicks my butt for sure! :)

Rich
that would be awesome to drink one with ole "minion"

Beautiful boxes. Congrats! My backyard cooking is all on a WSM 22, but you are a brave man to compete on it -- managing your time to turn-in with a WSM is truly impressive.

Back