Lack of rehab pickups

50 - 60 degrees is my ideal working temp. Chilly enough for sleeves to keep you
from getting filthy, but comfortable so you don't freeze to death.
These certainly is something to the COV19 deal though. It has folks very on edge.
I just rcvd an email overnight from a gal wanting to buy my last Q. She said she will
not go into a store. She wants me to place it outside on the driveway. She will Paypal in
advance, and pick up- no face to face interaction, OK, sold!

50 - 60 degrees is my ideal working temp. Chilly enough for sleeves to keep you
from getting filthy, but comfortable so you don't freeze to death.
These certainly is something to the COV19 deal though. It has folks very on edge.
I just rcvd an email overnight from a gal wanting to buy my last Q. She said she will
not go into a store. She wants me to place it outside on the driveway. She will Paypal in
advance, and pick up- no face to face interaction, OK, sold!
My last two sales on Facebook have been this way too. We are selling some pretty expensive decorations from our wedding and the buyers send the money right away with Venmo. I leave on front porch and they pickup same or next day. Pretty easy.

Is Venmo pretty much the same as PayPal? What are the differences?
Basically the same, just different company. There is another one called Zelle, but I always have issues with that. The guy I bought the Platinum Kettle from a week or so ago had me send him the money that way.... such a hassle. The guy didn't even get his money until 4-5 days later. I'll never use it again.
Venmo and PayPal are instant transfers. Both seem to be free too if the payment is sent from a bank account. They charge you a small % if using a credit card.

I sold a Performer to a guy for $150....he sent me the money via PayPal and I only got something like $145.65. I guess he used a credit card and I got stuck paying the fee. I didn't make a big deal out of it.

I've never gotten "short-changed" using Venmo.

Basically the same, just different company. There is another one called Zelle, but I always have issues with that. The guy I bought the Platinum Kettle from a week or so ago had me send him the money that way.... such a hassle. The guy didn't even get his money until 4-5 days later. I'll never use it again.
Venmo and PayPal are instant transfers. Both seem to be free too if the payment is sent from a bank account. They charge you a small % if using a credit card.

I sold a Performer to a guy for $150....he sent me the money via PayPal and I only got something like $145.65. I guess he used a credit card and I got stuck paying the fee. I didn't make a big deal out of it.

I've never gotten "short-changed" using Venmo.

Some of my tax clients pay me with PayPal and now Venmo. I tell them when using PayPal that they have to use the "friend to friend" transfer and NOT payment for services because I am not willing to get clipped for the PayPal fee. Selecting payment for services/products protects the buyers if the seller defaults (been there and done that as a buyer on eBay). That's fine for my eBay sales, but not where my client already got the service. I would be reluctant to accept a "fee" reduced e-payment on a grill, either, but I haven't been asked to do so yet.

I have been really lucky with the friend to friend option. I'm sure it will come
to bite me at some point. Some folks are just very trusting though. I rcvd
a $400 cashiers check today in mail from a guy out of state for a Genesis 330.
He plans to come by in May, pick it up and take to the Ozarks. One email,
one 5 minute phone call, texted some pics, check arrives. I would not be
so trusting. But he will be taken care of, and getting a great grill.

I have been really lucky with the friend to friend option. I'm sure it will come
to bite me at some point. Some folks are just very trusting though. I rcvd
a $400 cashiers check today in mail from a guy out of state for a Genesis 330.
He plans to come by in May, pick it up and take to the Ozarks. One email,
one 5 minute phone call, texted some pics, check arrives. I would not be
so trusting. But he will be taken care of, and getting a great grill.
Maybe he got a good referral from one of your other customers. If not then yeah, he's a little too trusting. I wouldn't do that anyways.

I have had customers paypal me the money and then come to pick up a grill later as well. I have also had people come out and pay cash for a grill and then ask me to deliver it another time. It probably depends a lot on where you live. In the Midwest, people seem to be more trusting. Good or bad, I don't know.

The only pickups I've done recently were for a Brick Red Smokey Joe Gold, a jumbo Joe and a free Genesis I, which had a red top of a completely unsavable frame.

On the other hand I sold all my winter pickups, 2x gen 2 performers and a Genesis e310 copper with from controls.

Hopefully once people get out of quarantine the market will pick back up.IMG_20200329_160949.jpg

LOL Cool idea. I have an old Free 21" kettle out back and just for the heck of it, I wondered if it would fit on the 55 gallon drum that use as a burn barrel. It is about 1/2 to 3/4" not wide enough. I was thinking that would be really cool to have that as a lid on the barrel. Soooo, close.

Salvageable only if you are keeping it for yourself and don't care. If you want to resell that thing, it is going to need something done to it. Some have been putting a wood floor in them. You could maybe buy a new floor pan and I think they are about $75, but I am willing to be that the sides and back are in pretty rough shape, judging from the bottom.

Yeah, I agree with Bruce. The problem isn't so much the bottom. (I actually have a few stainless steel replacements for that.) What will really do you in is the side pieces... The fact that they are "unibody" construction where the frame pieces and side body panels are all welded together as one component makes replacement very expensive. If your frame tube(s) are too rusted it is pretty much a lost cause. Way too much to replace those parts.
This is the Achilles heal of these otherwise really nice grills. Someday I am going to get a nice one, and if I am really lucky in crimson or maybe green.

Back