Kurobuta pork

It has a porkier flavor and more marbling than standard supermarket pork. Distributed by Snake River Farms in my neck of the woods.

Pretty much what Mark said.
A ”Heritage“ breed, it’s been getting a lot of chatter in the last couple of years, I’ve not tried it so, I can’t be much help.

Heritage breeds, like Kurobuta (Berkshire, Red Wattle, Hereford, etc), do not have the fat bred out of them like typical "supermarket" pork. You'll end up with more fat (both intramuscular, and "surface" fat), and, as Mark said, a much "porkier" taste because of it. Also, many of these heritage breeds are raised organically, sometimes with unique feeds that will impact the flavor as well...... as opposed to commodity pork, which, as far as I can tell, is raised to taste as close to neutral as possible.

I've recently had some Berkshire chops from Wild Fork Foods, and they were excellent!

Only you can decide if the cost is worth it to you, as cuts from these breeds will typically be more expensive.

Rich

Heritage breeds, like Kurobuta (Berkshire, Red Wattle, Hereford, etc), do not have the fat bred out of them like typical "supermarket" pork. You'll end up with more fat (both intramuscular, and "surface" fat), and, as Mark said, a much "porkier" taste because of it. Also, many of these heritage breeds are raised organically, sometimes with unique feeds that will impact the flavor as well...... as opposed to commodity pork, which, as far as I can tell, is raised to taste as close to neutral as possible.

I've recently had some Berkshire chops from Wild Fork Foods, and they were excellent!

Only you can decide if the cost is worth it to you, as cuts from these breeds will typically be more expensive.

Rich
Wild Fork has really good Boston butts, too. I just wish I could choose a weight range.
I’ve had Duroc ribs and butts. I think the butts are a step up from Smithfield but I don’t think the end product of the ribs is any better than Smithfield.

Back