Kosher full sour garlic pickles - in about 7-9 days

they mentioned about pickles- they cut the ends off the cukes before brining- something about enzymes in the blossom and vine end contributes to making the pickles soft. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but their pickles are pretty crunchy.
The blossom end, if the blossom remains, will make soft and squishy pickles. Some people cut but ends off to avoid any issues. I just ensure there are no stems or blossoms. Only pickles in my fermentation.

Those look amazing. Going to have to make a batch as I’m out. And I’m thinking of some burgers coming up soon. And I just looked at this thread’s views count. Over 7,000 views. That’s insane. I hope others are making these too. And don’t throw the residual pickle juice out. It’s a probiotic and healthy to drink. I pop a shot every few weeks for a boost.
I love drinking the juice too, it’s so good! I love full sours, thanks for educating me on how easy they are to make.

I love drinking the juice too, it’s so good! I love full sours, thanks for educating me on how easy they are to make.
You’re very welcome. Too bad you didn’t try the many fails I made along my way. At one point, my family asked me to stop making them as they were salt bomb gross. Which they were. It took a few years of trying and reading to dial this recipe down. Now the family asks for more. Enjoy! From my family to yours!

where my fond memories came from and then my quest to recreate the best pickles I ever had. mind you, my experiences started here (at Guss) in 1975 or so. the LES of NYC was full of old-world Jewish shops and brimming with classic Jewish delicacies. Lox from Russ and Daughters, Guss Pickles, Guss fresh grated horseradish, Katz' NY Deli, 2nd Avenue Deli, Sammy's Romanian Steak House, Ratners and many more. Unfortunately, NYC's LES has morphed and changed. There is not there anymore. At least I have my memories and maybe a few pictures in the photo albums.

If anyone has the Ratners onion rolls recipe. Please feel free to share. I have many a story about those. if you don't know what I am asking for. it's okay. The onion rolls were beyond anything you've ever had. They were life changing.

If anyone has the Ratners onion rolls recipe. Please feel free to share. I have many a story about those. if you don't know what I am asking for. it's okay. The onion rolls were beyond anything you've ever had. They were life changing.

I vaguely recall Ratner’s from visits to NYC. It was the meatless deli with waiters who were all real characters.

Here’s a cookbook from there.

I vaguely recall Ratner’s from visits to NYC. It was the meatless deli with waiters who were all real characters.

Here’s a cookbook from there.

from a review: "One of the highlights of a meal at Ratner's was a basket of their own superb fresh baked breads and rolls. This book contains most of those recipes."

SCORE! thank you for this share. just need to confirm this has THE ONION ROLLS! if you've had one, you'd understand the obsession.

from a review: "One of the highlights of a meal at Ratner's was a basket of their own superb fresh baked breads and rolls. This book contains most of those recipes."

SCORE! thank you for this share. just need to confirm this has THE ONION ROLLS! if you've had one, you'd understand the obsession.
According to a friend, it does, on pg. 94

Back