Kingsford sale?

it's a good deal to me when it gets around $0.30/lb. I'll be loading up, I didn't do a very good job of that last time.

I checked with my local Lowes, today. The sale price is $12.99. I asked and they stated that they will price match within thirty days if they drop the price. Unfortunately, they limit it to two batches (four bags) per person. I guess my wife and I will have to make a couple of trips. It's worth it tho' at a price of .32½ cents a lb. for Kingsford Original (my choice of charcoal). Menard's had a good price on another brand, Royal Oak in different woods at $4.97 per 16.6 lbs for Hickory and Mesquite briquettes, today.

If Lowe's drops the price in a few days after I buy, I'll just get a refund for the difference (if it is within 30 days).

FWIW
Dale53

Just received my local Home Depot ad.
Twin 20 lb. Kingsford for $12.88, and says limit 10 packs per customer.
I'll still want a few days hoping for a Lowes/HD price war.

I went online at Lowes and bought 10 packages (400 lbs.) at $12.99 (per 40 lbs.). They confirmed that they will price match if it is within thirty days. At any rate, I should be good to go until Memorial Day next year.

They still had the two package limit at the local Lowes but online with store pickup has NO such limit. When I got there within an hour or so of ordering, they already had my order in a locked cabinet. That is FINE service, if you ask me. I will keep looking when it is getting closer to thirty days but $12.99 still saved me $70.00 for the purchase. That ain't hay!!:eek: That is better saving than my investments are getting these days...

Keep smokin':wsm:

Dale53

Just got my local ad from Home Depot. Stated $12.99 (per 40 pounds) and went to pick some up. When I got there price was $9.88 for 40 pounds. Talked to person working there and he did not know why it was priced so low. I did not argue with him, just went and got a bigger cart to put more in. Walked out with 400 pounds and a smile on my face!

Thanks for the update, Dale. And welcome to the forum!
Wit 400 hunnert pounds, what's your grill of choice?

$12.99 for twin 16.6lb packs at HD today. I passed. I'll go by Lowes today or tomorrow - they are usually $9.99 for twin 20lb bags on these holiday sales.

I bought 14 bags during Memorial Day and I'm down to about 7 bags left. Im debating whether to pick up two more just to have in storage. It's always sunny in San Diego, so we're never given a break from the grill!

Oddly enough, the Lowe's in the Dayton Ohio area are not having the $12.99 sale. It's not in their ad, and they were $19.99 when I stopped by today. I had them price match me on 2 from the HD ad, and then went to HD and picked up 5 more. Guess it's not a national sale, so thought I would pass it along in case anyone else runs into the same at their Lowe's.

I went to the West Amherst Lowe's today. The cashier I spoke to said they only have the 2 x 20 lbs packs @ $9.99 once a year, and for that sale, his store went through 3700 packs in under a week.

Either way though, I should be set for a while.

Academy Sports & Outdoors has the Kingsford 2x13.9 lb. package on sale for $7.49. This comes to 27 cents a pound, only two cents a pound more than the 2x20 for $9.99, which is 25 cents a pound.
There is no limit.
If you have an Academy near you, check it out.

They have B&B lump on sale for 50 cents a pound. ($9.99 for a 20 pound bag)
And for the true cheapskate, they have their own brand on sale for 18 cents a pound (Outdoor Gourmet, $2.99 for a 16.6 pound bag).

Called Academy Sports in Overland Park, KS and they are sold out of the on sale Kingsford @ $7.49. Anyone tried the "house brand" Outdoor Gourmet, $2.99 for a 16.6 pound bag? Cheapskate = Me, but it's not worth it if I have to keep adding fuel to the fire. I'll be cooking throughout the day, so I can watch it, but just wondering.

I don't believe we'll see $9.99 per 40# this weekend.

No we won't. Lowes (at least the one located within an hour's drive from where I live) has Kingsford on sale for the same price as HD. $12.88 for the 20lb twin packs. It's a good, but not great, deal. I only bought 3. With the 10 20lb twin packs I have stored in the garage + the three I bought yesterday, I should be fine until Memorial Day 2014. Hopefully the price will drop down to $9.99 or so for the twin packs then.

Back