Kingsford sale?

Dan Crafton

TVWBB Member
During the Memorial Day sale I bought 8 bundles (16 bags or 320lbs) of Kinsford thinking it would last me a year until the following Memorial Day. I was wrong and really going though it due to smoking something every weekend.

Is there a Thanksgiving or Christmas Kingsford sale? Any other sales or am I going to have to pay full price untill next Memorial Day?

Next 50% off sale I think I'm gonna buy a whole skid:)

Thanks,
Dan

I got an email from Lowes today. They are going to have a twin 20 pound pack of K for $12.99. Time to grab a couple of packs !

I only bought about 100 lbs at Memorial day also figuring it would last me about a year. Well, I'm down to about 60 lbs now, and that's only because its been such a wet summer that I haven't been able to get my Webers out as much as I would have liked. In the past I haven't been much of an outdoor cook during the winter months, but now that I have my WSM that might just change. Especially since, unlike my hometown in Indiana, winters here aren't usually terribly cold... though they too can be pretty wet. Either way I'm gonna be keeping my eye out for KBB sales come Labor Day!

I jumped on the Lowe's sale early this spring with the price of $12.88 for two twenty pound bags and bought several hundred pounds. Just a few weeks later, the Memorial Day Sale went off for $3.00 less per twin pack. The thing is, you don't know if there will still be the REAL deal a few weeks later. At any rate, this time I'm waiting for the REAL sale on Memorial Day as I have a number of bags on hand. I have been grilling and smoking up a storm and sure as heck don't want to have to buy at full retail (IF there is an option, of course).

FWIW
Dale53

Lowes is having a sale on 2 20 pound bags of KFB for $I2.99. Does anyone think it might go down, or should I jump at it?

Investors have a strategy they call dollar cost averaging. Buy some at $12.99, and buy some more if it drops to $9.99. Best case is you purchased it all at the average price, and worst case you paid $12.99. :D

Lowes is having a sale on 2 20 pound bags of KFB for $I2.99. Does anyone think it might go down, or should I jump at it?

FWIW Home Depot around here had the 20lb twin packs for only $9.99 back at Memorial Day weekend (saw guys loading up roller carts with what looked like 20-30 bag loads!)....they were up to $12-$15 range around the 4th of July weekend....I'm hoping for Labor Day they drop back down, figuring it's the last real "BBQ Weekend" of the year, maybe the stores will need to clear out some inventory.

Right now it isn't on sale at my local Lowes, but I am sure it will be. I counted at least a dozen(12) pallets of KBB stationed throughout the store. They got all that charcoal in there for a reason.

Investors have a strategy they call dollar cost averaging. Buy some at $12.99, and buy some more if it drops to $9.99. Best case is you purchased it all at the average price, and worst case you paid $12.99. :D

Go ahead and buy it now, I bought some at Lowes right before it went on sale, went in with my receipt and they price matched for the sale price. Granted I made my full price purchase only 4 days before it went on sale but they still price matched it.

What's the worse case scenario, you spend a little more. Actually worse case would be you run out on an important cook. 12.99 is a good price regardless.

I was at Home Depot today and they had a display of 2x20lb Kingsford bags and 1 x 16.6 lb Matchlight right next to each other with a sign that said $12.97 in big numbers. When you got up to the sign in small letters it said matchlight 16.6 lb. The Kingsford was still regular price. Kingsford will go on sale here soon for Labor day - just not today. If you need it $12.99 isn't a horrible deal.

The last couple of years both Lowes and Home Depot had a Labor Day week sale for 40 lbs under $10. I anticipate that happening again.

Back