Kingsford Flavored Charcoal

I used them a few times many years ago when I had a cheap offset smoker, thinking I'd save money on smoke wood. I don't recall them imparting the same flavor as wood chunks, but I found that they seemed to burn faster. Combined with the slightly higher cost, I'm sure I lost money on the deal.

Nowadays, I wouldn't use them for smoking/barbecuing, but they'd probably be good for hot/fast grilling when you want a bit of smoke flavor.

A little while back I had to get an emergency bag of briquettes and all the supermarket had left was Kingsford Hickory (or maybe Mesquite). They were quite good for grilling. Too expensive, so I won't get them again, but they performed very much like adding a wood chunk to regular Kingsford.

I used them for direct grilling, I thought they burnt hotter. It was interesting trying them but I don't pay the extra and have lots of KBB because I buy in bulk during the big sales.

The apple one are great the burn the same as kbb and have a great smell I have used them in the wsm and the kettle I would recommend them

:wsm::blackkettle::kingsford::smokeyjoe:

All Kingsford flavor bags should perform exactly the same as blue bag concerning temp and length of burn.

I used the apple when they first came out because I thought it looked good. However it was much more expensive than regular and to me, after the coals ashed over and the wood burnt, it was just like regular charcoal. I did use the rest of the bag to add unlight charcoal to an existing fire for long cooks. At least that way I got the benefit of the apple wood.

Back