Kingsford Competition Double bags at Grocery Outlet Stores

Mary Teal

TVWBB Super Fan
Just a heads up, Grocery Outlet Stores here in Oregon (at least) have Kingsford Competition briquettes in the big bags, double bags.
2 bags for $9.99. They also have McCormick Grill Mates Worcestershire Peppercorn Burger mix-in seasoning at 2 for $1.00 for 8 oz jars. They also have A.1. Marinade mix packets, at 2 for $1.00.
I haven't tried any of the seasonings yet, but I do enjoy Grill Mates, and for 2/$1.00 I thought I'd try them.

Just a heads up, Grocery Outlet Stores here in Oregon (at least) have Kingsford Competition briquettes in the big bags, double bags.
2 bags for $9.99. They also have McCormick Grill Mates Worcestershire Peppercorn Burger mix-in seasoning at 2 for $1.00 for 8 oz jars. They also have A.1. Marinade mix packets, at 2 for $1.00.
I haven't tried any of the seasonings yet, but I do enjoy Grill Mates, and for 2/$1.00 I thought I'd try them.

I've unfortunately never seen it anyway. That sounds awesome. I'd love to try it.

Kingsford Competition briquettes in the big bags, double bags. 2 bags for $9.99.
That Sounds Like A GREAT Deal! Too Great For Wisconsin Stores... we rarely see the sales the west coast sees...

Mary, we're expecting Pizza pictures this weekend. We now know you have charcoal :)

Mary, we're expecting Pizza pictures this weekend. We now know you have charcoal :)

LOL Chuck! I admit, I have a few bags of that Competition Charcoal, and I'm going back again today and picking up a few more to take with me to Modesto, so I don't have to pay sales tax on charcoal all summer! Even if I had all the charcoal in the world, it wouldn't do me a bit of good when it comes to making pizza, I don't have a Kettle Pizza oven!
My Son bought me one of these for Xmas :
http://www.campchef.com/cooking-accessories/pizza-ovens.html

That goes on one of these: http://www.campchef.com/stoves/14-cooking-systems.html
But have no fear! Pizza is still in the plans for Saturday, if I can get someone to help me lift that pizza oven up and carry it outside! It's almost as heavy as the Mojoe Griddle, which kills my back!

Last edited:
Mary that's a fantastic price on the Comp charcoal. Costco had Comp on sale, 2 bags for $15.69 normally $19.99, unfortunately that sale is over.

I looked on Grocery Outlets web page, and they have stores in Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, I think Nevada, and Pennsylvania.

Mary tipped me to the deal, I'm now the proud poppa of seven & 1/2 bags! Thanks Mary.

You're Welcome, Brian! I got a tip that they sell Crisco Peanut Oil by the gallon for $9.99 and I went looking for that so I could use my new Waring Pro Deep Fryer to make some tempura shrimp, and while looking for the oil, the briquettes were on the end cap of the aisle.

Back