Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Christmas eve started with 8 pounds of fresh Polish sausage on the 22"WSM

IMG_6863.JPG

Apple wood for smoke

IMG_6866.JPG

turned over after one hour

IMG_6868.JPG

the dome temp was 225º and smoked for 1 hour, 45 minutes.

IMG_6869.JPG

cut to 2" pieces for Christmas Day Family Dinner

IMG_6887.JPG

a few hours later, on the same WSM, 3 pounds of country style ribs (previously marinated then seasoned)

IMG_6872.JPG

apple wood again used for smoke

IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6875.JPG

after two hours at 250ºF, I tossed them into a foil pan, covered them with Maull's and Rufus Teague BBQ sauces
THEN, got the 26"OTG fired up and tossed on that grate about 3 pounds of marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs

Last edited:
IMG_6877.JPG

IMG_6878.JPG

flipped them to grill thoroughly ...

IMG_6881.JPG

kept my beverage from freezing in the single digit temps...

IMG_6882.JPG

and when those were cooked good, they too were tossed into a foil pan,
covered completely with a mole sauce then wrapped tight and joined the CSRs

IMG_6883.JPG

the pork was served Christmas eve night for dinner with sautéed red cabbage & cast iron baked taters
(more than just sautéed, it was a bit over cooked for my tastes, but still tasty)

IMG_6885.JPG

the chicken mole was shredded in the sauce and served late yesterday (Christmas evening) after returning home from visiting families

IMG_6889.JPG

IMG_6890.JPG

Everything was terrific!! and GONE!!
Thank you all for your time, hope EVERYONE had a most enjoyable Christmas holiday!

Last edited:
Nice cooks Jim! Shiner used to be difficult to get outside of Texas! I guess not anymore? I say a little prayer every time I go down the beer isle here, that there will be a 6er of Ying, still nothing!

Merry Christmas Jim!

Jim: I am humbled once again. I don't get how you have enough hours in the day to do it all... you must just become a grill/zen meister! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, bub.

WWJD is a popular acronym asking "What Would Jesus Do?" to help guide one's moral compass. However, on this forum it stands for "What Would Jim Do?" since you have elevated backyard grilling to a whole new level, Jim! My 2014 New Year's Resolution will be that every time I fire up my chimney to try & decide what to cook, I will first ask myself, WWJD ?!? :rolleyes:

It all looks guud, Jim. You think them packers are gong to pull it off? It should be a fun last Sunday in the NFL all around the league.
Russ

Wow looks like a great way to spend the holidays Jim.....all looks super buddy! I'd take a few of those tacos for breakfast ...yum!

Merry Christmas Jim!! Take care!

Back