kettle conversion kit

You posted a T.H. review of a Santa Marie attachment used for open fire cooking, this a smoker attachment.

You posted a T.H. review of a Santa Marie attachment used for open fire cooking, this a smoker attachment.

I also posted the Komado conversion he did as well. Noting I found it interesting enough to maybe even go out and grab a used kettle and do the conversion myself. But it got lost in all the other posts about what a "goof" some think he is. In any case it's a pretty cool thing and I may actually give it a go come summer

I also posted the Komado conversion he did as well. Noting I found it interesting enough to maybe even go out and grab a used kettle and do the conversion myself. But it got lost in all the other posts about what a "goof" some think he is. In any case it's a pretty cool thing and I may actually give it a go come summer
Yeah, I remember your post now, I watched Tom’s video as well as I watch a lot of his reviews. He may be a bit quirky, but who is not, he does not claim to be a genius, just a regular guy who enjoys what all us on this forum like to do.

I think this add-on may look like a gimmick but actually is a very clever idea at a great price. It would be especially helpful in colder weather and for longer cooks.

I agree with what @EricV. says above. Tom is folksy (and maybe goofy to some), but I enjoy his videos very much. He loves bbq, grilling and Weber, and I admire him for sharing his passion on YouTube. I just wish I could do my own videos!

I enjoy his videos too when I come across things I’m specifically searching for online. Very upbeat, informative and down to earth. I like the personality he portrays online. I don’t think he is goofy at all. I like the jovial way he enjoys the food he tests at end of videos that he fires up on whatever product he’s reviewing.

I’ve also started to really like the quality/cost balance of some the unique Onlyfire accessories for Kettles and Traveler.

Last edited:
Their Rotisserie and their Pizza attachment look impressive (imho)
I‘ve been having fun using that Rotisserie/Pizza combo on a 22” kettle. I liked it so much that I just bought their Rotisserie/Pizza combo for a Traveler and look forward to trying it out sometime in next couple of weeks.

Back