Kcomp mixed bag??

Tyson

TVWBB Super Fan
I opened a new bag of Kingsford Comp now Professional Comp... same usually great stuff. Below is what I found inside. Now, I have used a lot of the Kcomp and this is a first to have this problem. This looks to be a mix of kcomp plus some of the "flavored" charcoal. The wood chips smelled like mesquite, but I could be wrong. Maybe the kcomp and the natural lump briquettes are made int he same factory? This is so weird.

I cut the top off to fit inside my charcoal holder. I didn't even cut the top off all the way open before I saw wood chips in my charcoal!! Hey, that's not right!!

At first all I saw was the "flavored" charcoal; then I saw that it has 2 kinds of charcoal.

What's inside.

Should I call Kingsford, Return to the store, or just use it?? I paid for Kcomp so that's what I want.

Isn't Kingsford and Weber running a promo for anyone finding a mixed bag like this winning a new Weber Summit Charcoal Grill? :p

I say burn it or return it, no questions asked if it's from Costco, or most likely from any other store.

Interesting. I've never tried comp. But very interesting! I think like Bob said, you just won the Wonka gold ticket!

Don't tease me like that. I know someone that ate one of the grey M&Ms that was worth a mill. :) Many years ago.

I'm going to call Kingsford. Lord knows they got plenty of my money.

It could be Kingsford Lump Charcoal which also looks similar to what you found in that bag.
If you have time, I'd return it to Costco, as you say, to get what you paid for. :)
I forgot about the lump, I tried a bag and liked it, but didn't like the price.

Here's regular, and the lump:

IMGP0184.JPG

Update:

The 2nd bag had the same mix. I contacted Kingsford and they responded very quickly and made things right. Great customer service.

Back