Kaz's Carnival Kabobs

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

This weekend was a busy sequence of Eagle Scout projects and work around the house. I had been perusing the recipe forums of my favorite grilling board (can you guess which one?) earlier in the week and ran across Kaz's recipe for 'Carnival Kabobs'. I figured it would be a quick and easy meal for a busy day. Little did I know I would be using it right away. Anyway today I was beat after spending five hours in the heat helping one of my Life Scouts build benches for his project. When I got home I still needed my BBQ fix for the weekend so I decided to give ol' Kaz's bird a run. Below are a few pics of the proceedings:

Bird Thighs Skewered Satay Style After Vacuum Marinating for About Three Hours (Soy Sauce, Apricot Preserves, Ginger, Garlic)

Zucchini Sliced Thick, Slathered with EVOO, and Dusted with Lemon Pepper and GS

Bird on the OTG Direct and then Moved Indirect - Covered and Cooked to an IT of 170

Zukes on Direct (Low Fire by Now)

Plated with Steamed Mediterranean Blend Vegetables

Well this turned out well for a 'quick and dirty' dinner. The bird was very flavorful and juicy although a bit salty (I will use low sodium Soy Sauce next time around). It has a very savory flavor which might be pumped up a bit with the addition of some nori or fish sauce (more ideas for future experiments). Anyway the family enjoyed it so it will be added to the rotation from now on. Thanks to Kaz for posting the recipe and thanks to you for looking...

Regards,

John

Back