Karma! New toy!

I just moved a couple months ago. Put my rusted charbroil offset/gasser combo and weber 18 on the curb and walked inside. Walked outside to start mowing the lawn 5 minutes later...gone.

So Steve, where in blazes in the mitten where this Weber disposal site do you live? That does not happen in Kalamazoo.
Best I got was a maroon 18 for $20 used maybe twice, small enamel ding but, I don't even notice it! (I'm much busier looking at what is going on inside!)
I'd love to find a three burner redhead!

i have some evaporust coming and I'm going to clean up some rusty hardware that was on the $22.50 wsm 18" that I bought, as well as the charcoal grate for this grill. should truly look new at that point.

Last edited:
ever since my deal for a 18" WSM fell through for 100 bucks, I've had ridiculous weber luck! went to an estate sale outside the 'burbs and on day 3 of the sale they still had a 18" WSM for half their list price... list price:45 bucks. Also came with about 40 bucks of wood chunks, and a new cover that is a match to my other covers for my firepit and s420.... CRAZY luck, and the cover is 20 bucks alone. There is some rust on some hardware and the smoker is well seasoned, and the grates are dirty (though I cleaned em up best I can, I will attempt one more time to burn whats left off).

my project this weekend is to evaporust the rusted parts of the wsm and the charcoal grate of the kettle.

SHUT THE DOOR you have got to be kidding that is way to good to be true I think the police are reviewing security cams right now, just kidding way to go you saved another one.

A question Steve, where do you buy evaporust? I googled it and it seems that it is only available by ordering from the manufacturer. Is it sold at big box stores? TIA

my project this weekend is to evaporust the rusted parts of the wsm and the charcoal grate of the kettle.

I got mine from amazon. I have prime and it was less than 20 bucks for a gallon. Harbor freight at least used to carry it.

Back