Just got these. Pretty amazing knives

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I just bought this set ($19.99). They arrived today. I know it's weird but we lost my 5" utility knife and finding just a single knife was more expensive. Anyway they look very much like the set we'd discussed on here a few mos back.
Well I gotta say these things are beautifully made, and wicked sharp. right outta the box. And $20? Crazy good deal

They must be sharp...don't those look like fingers???

1693341813204.png

I think the graphics artist has a sense of humor. Either that, or I need an appt. with an eye doctor.

1693342430111.png

All kidding aside, this price is near the lowest price in the last 3 months.

1693342625236.png

Last edited:
And i like the finger lrotection at the back of the blade. Actually sorry we are more than full up on knives. :rolleyes:

Reminds me a bit of some years back (20?) When I was trying to start a woodshop. Woodworkers Supply for a while had these bench chisels for sale at $3-5 each. After trying two, I bought out a full set. They were amazing! Very hard.tungstun steel that took a great edge and kept it. Even all these years of use later, most have not needed resharpening.

Well a comparable utility knife to what I lost/misplaced would have set me back $25. So $20 for a whole set this good? As Ol' Ernie Banks said "Let's Play Two!"

You don't have to tell me...many of my knives are thrift store finds - all quality steel and absolutely razor, shaving sharp. I've also found and sharpened up many for friends and family...I've found numerous Henckels, Wusthof, Victorinox, and others over the years. Think in all I might have spent $50 for my last 10-20 knives.

I hate buying Chinese stuff, I really do. But the quality on these things is amazing. Rivals my best German stuff and French stuff. Supposedly same steel as well. I honestly think my friend's wife threw my knife in the garbage. Not the brightest bulb. Means well though :D

So I just bought this set ($19.99). They arrived today. I know it's weird but we lost my 5" utility knife and finding just a single knife was more expensive. Anyway they look very much like the set we'd discussed on here a few mos back.
Well I gotta say these things are beautifully made, and wicked sharp. right outta the box. And $20? Crazy good deal
Comes up $29.95 now, must have been prior promotion. Good deal yes!

You’re right they look identical to the ones from a few months ago. I bought 2 sets of those, gave one to my son. I’m gonna try these too! Lol!
Back in the day, I used to watch those crazy knife guys on television at 3am. There’s about 100 of those knives up in the attic!

CB856B61-0D33-4BD5-8827-5103F23CA3A3.jpeg

You’re right they look identical to the ones from a few months ago. I bought 2 sets of those, gave one to my son. I’m gonna try these too! Lol!
Back in the day, I used to watch those crazy knife guys on television at 3am. There’s about 100 of those knives up in the attic!

View attachment 78010

Yeah I bought this same set like 6 months ago or so. I Think Rich Dalh mentioned them get knives nice weight, very good quality, and even sharp.
Price perfect.

I'm amazed at the quality of the knife sets on Amazon. Just bought our son a block set on Amazon two days ago for his apartment. The quality belies the price. OK, the little sharpener built into the side of the block is questionable...but it works OK.
Kitchen Knife Set, PARIS RHÔNE 16-Piece High-Carbon Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block, Chef Knife, Bread Knife, Paring Knife, Built-in Sharpener, Ergonomic ABS Full Tang Handle, All-in-One https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P8NYSN3/?tag=tvwb-20

$27! Pretty amazing deal
You could spend hours sifting through the different deals...my kid is not a CIA graduate...these will do fine. We picked up a different set two years ago for the beach house...I think I paid about $55 at the time. Again, excellent quality and they stay sharp.

View attachment 78010

I have that set too. Very good knives. Right now on Amazon for $36 and a 50% off coupon, so $18.

Back